Retiring in 2023 moving to Portugal

We are retiring in 2023 from USA and plan on moving to Portugal. We could use all the assistance anyone can provide. We are thinking about living in the Algavre area.

We are coming to Portugal June 7, 2020 for two weeks. Staying in Albuferia for one week and one week in Lisbon.
Thanks and have a great day.
Jeff and Sue

Hi Jeff and Sue, we live in England and hope to spend next winter, (sept 20 to March 21)  in the Algarve. We hope to rent a suitable property for 6 months. We are semi retired and want to take our 3 small dogs with us. We intend to drive from England to the Algarve. I flew to Faro a couple of days ago and viewed a property near Alvor we had seen on the 'holiday lettings' website. It turned out to be a bit scruffy and was one house split into two, obviously to raise more rental. I'm glad I saw it as it looked pretty good on the website but not so good in reality. The Algarve is very nice though, 20 degrees Celsius when I was there, lush green vegetation, beautiful beaches and good transport links to Faro airport.
We would be interested in knowing what kind of property you are looking at, although we assume you will be purchasing whereas we will be renting.
Good hunting, steve and julie

Hi Jeff and Sue,

My husband and I bought a condo in Lisbon. We live in Washington DC. We are in our late 40"s. We live 5-6 months between Lisbon and DC.  Portugal is a great country to retire. I haven't been to Algave. When we retire will retire in Algave or somewhere in Portugal. If I were you I would start looking for a property in 2021 or 2022 unless the market crash in 2020.