Catching a Grab bike

I caught my first grab bike last night. The guy drove like a maniac and what I would consider dangerous (pulled in front of a bus inside 1m). I guess the faster they go the quicker they get their next fair. Next time I get a grab it will be a car :)

Also note if you have travel insurance I would be checking the fine print to see if you are covered as a passenger on a bike. More than likely not...

Member since 2012 and 400 posts here and you just took your first grab bike?  Did you just arrive in VN recently?

yes just arrived back after 2 years away...

Can't say I've ever had a bad driver, I use them a lot.

Canman63 wrote:

Can't say I've ever had a bad driver, I use them a lot.

you could be experiencing what is called risk normalisation :)

Yes perhaps, I have takin moto taxis in Bangkok at rush hour for years, and find them to be a death wish. Saigon was no where near as bad.
Danang on the other hand was a walk in the park, they really seemed to drive carefully with a westerner on the back.

Well I had my second Nha Trang Grab bike trip tonight. This time the driver decided to pull out his phone and start talking to his next customer ! also I had to pull him up from trying to shoot through a 1m closing gap between a bus and a car which he wasn't going to make...

Was thinking they could add Cyclos to the Grab  selection ?

panda7 wrote:

Was thinking they could add Cyclos to the Grab  selection ?

Or dudes pulling rickshaws.