Reading habits in Bulgaria

Hello everyone,

Books can be your greatest companions whether you have already settled in Bulgaria or are now planning your move. Are you an avid or occasional reader? We would like to know more about your reading habits.

What type of reading do you enjoy? Do you read novels, comics, magazines, newspapers, etc.?

Where do you purchase or borrow books in Bulgaria (bookstores, online, library subscription, etc.)? Do you prefer digital reading?

Do you have an average budget devoted to reading in Bulgaria? Do you buy books or pay a library membership fee?  Do you spend more or less than in your country of origin?

In what languages can you find the books that you usually read?

What books or magazines would generally be found on your bedside table?

Thanks for participating,

Bhavna

I love to read and when I going to live in Bulgaria, I would definitely bring my e-reader and my extended book collection.
Most of what I read is in the Dutch, English an sometimes German language. Someday I hope to be able to read books, magazines and newspapers in the Bulgarian language.
That's not going to happen soon the language is pretty tough to learn , but my motto is: "When in Rome, do as the Romans do" so I'm going to study real hard to learn the language.

I definitely will have a budget for buying books, don't know how much it will be. In The Netherlands I buy mostly secondhand books, I probably will do the same in Bulgaria.
I don't know the prices yet for Bulgarian books, but I already have a list of books I want to read :D

I love to read fantasy, science fiction, horror, history and literature books. I also read manga and comics, so you can say I am an avid reader. :P

Hello, we are frequent readers all the way. My wife goes after novels, but also biographies, some of her favourites are Donna Tartt, Amy Tan, Janet Evanovitch, John Banville, amongst others. She has Paperbacks and bound volumes.
I decided some years ago for a Kindle, but still have my real books. Some of my favourite Authors are Dean Koontz, WEB Griffin, Stephen Coonts, Steven KingGear & Gear, Crichton ... and I like Comics, as well. Asterix, Lucky Luke, Spirou&Fantasio ...
Our Budget on books is about the same as before, mostly we order via Amazon - but once in Plovdiv, I also found an english book about the "Ms.Peregrine" series.