Payment methods in Morocco

Hello everyone,

Once you're settled in Morocco, you will need to make some basic purchases, like groceries or pay bills. Hence, it is essential to know the payment methods available in your host country.

Which are the most common payment methods in Morocco? Why would you prefer some forms over others?

Does the amount of money or the type of paid services (groceries, bills, rent, etc.) determine the choice of payment methods?

Are there any apps at your disposal which make the payment process easier in Morocco?

Can certain foreign currencies be used to make payments?

Have your habits in terms of payment methods changed since moving to Morocco?

Thanks for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Hi ,
Most of the store in morocco , give you the abillity to pay with your credit card . Visa and Mastercard are most widely accepted. and you can pay with Dollars or Euro.
even that you have to carry some cash in case you need it .
Morocco is a cash community and everything is paid for with cash, as there some seller who dont trust the new payment methods.

If i want to pay my bills like electricity , water , internet ..... , even my  payment service for local taxes ,  i use my bank application on my phone.
Most of the bank now got there own application you run it on your phone connected to ur bank account . and you can make any payement or transaction  fast , easy  and safe .

That's  it for now
Have a  nice day

What about online payments in Morocco ?
If I want to pay for something using by bank card or phone credit or anything else ?

I know PayPal does not work in Morocco but is there an alternative ?

Many Thanks

Just a question here how do I go about a honest Realstate to give me quotes on rentals 3brm all 2brm in the city of Missour
Morocco

Thank for sharing your experience.

Ali

One thing I find a bit tricky is that when you convert money from the bank or get money from an ATM you get bigger bills.  A lot of times when trying to buy stuff that was not very expensive people would not have the change to give you so sometimes I could not buy what I wanted.