Divorcing in Oman

Hello everyone,

Reaching the decision to seek divorce can be hard. Filing the papers as an expat in Oman can be as taxing since a good grasp of legislations is needed and the process can prove to be tedious.

Where and how do you apply for a divorce in Oman? How long does it take for the process to be completed?

If the couple has children, which measures can be taken in order to protect their interests?

Which procedures should be completed so that the divorce is legally recognized in the country of origin?

How is divorce viewed in Oman?

Being away from one's home country and loved ones, what advice do have for staying strong emotionally and mentally in this situation?

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Diksha

Be happy
Simply call to ROP or google it to find more information . either hire an adovate to fix it

I did it many years back..by email with a lawyer back in my home country through correspondence after visiting my home country I initially set it up. Didnt bother with anything here too much hassle.

Stay strong spiritually trust in ur higher power or ur God of ur understanding..stay in the now ..it really is just a day at a time have faith a day at a time  u will get thru it step by step ..sometimes an hour by hour..do.ur best n leave the rest to God..or watever one believes in higher power etc..we can only go through it step by step. Tajes some time n patience..n with good friends and spiritual people around us, coz I had no family here either so...it was a  bit tough some days but it had to be done. Seek a counsellor too if necessary. Theres a wonderful relationship counsellor in polyclinic near Hatat house  on way to ruwi  ... her name is Anuyha. It's best to get as much support as possible through this and especially if u have kids too.Theres always a way out..be strong just do the best n leave the rest to God..our higher power is there to help....us we just take action n leave the outcomes to our  higher power.

Hope that helps

Jane

@Diksha

Hi Diksha,

I would like to inquire to file divorce case as we both are expat belong to south asian countries and had civil Court marriage long time ago but from more than 16 months we been separated.

I am living in Oman and my wife living in Western country.

Can you guide me direct me to reliable law firm.

Tks

Bobby

Hello Bobby,

This is quite an old thread. I doubt you will get any response.

Please open a new topic on the forum so that active members might guide you.

All the best

Bhavna

@Sohailgill1 contact me

@Diksha First let me know your nationality then i can guide you

Hello shafi2007,

Kindly note that Diksha is a former employee of expat.com. She does not require any of your services.

Thanks,

Yoginee

Expt.com team

@Diksha @Diksha hello Diksha

how it went ?! How was the procedures .. I too going through the same now.. yet to take that step for divorce kindly advice

Hello Salna,

Welcome on board !

Diksha is a staff member of Expat.com and this topic was launched to gather information and make the forum more active.

Please provide some more details. Are you in Oman right now, what is your nationality and that of your spouse ?

Regards

Bhavna