Feeling a bit stranded and isolated in Bangkok

Deleting this post as it's on Google's rankings now : )

Hi Dean, sorry that you landed into such situation but that is not the end of the world, neither you are the first or only one.  The expats have a get together almost every friday and Luis is the guy who make all the arrangements.  Watch out for his posting here and you will meet fellow expats from different nationalities.

Ooopsss.... I have not been to any one of it yet as my work tied me down but I will do my best to attend.

Take care and be happy.

Cheers

Hey Dean,

Shit happens, but you can almost always get out of those situations with a big smile and remaining positive. Im sure youll find a job and have a nice life out here.

As Jcshine comments, I organize expat meetings for every friday night. This Friday night I will be unifiying forces with Johan - Manager of 'The Nest' - for a large group of punters going for cheap drinks at Bed Supperclub, QBar & The Nest and then keep going through the night to Insomnia and right up to sunrise @ Swing.

Btw, my office its at Sukhumvit 71 and i Live in OnNut, so perhaps we could meet another time too for a drink or two. 

Ill post the details later on of the plan of Friday, and ill send you a private message with it anyway.

Hi Luis,

Thanks. Please will you text me your number, struggling here. It'd be great if I could call you for a quick hello tonight ..

Dean

Thanks jcshine, I appreciate that. Was it Luis or you who sent me the PM about the 'night out'? I'll try make it, not in the best mindframe at the moment, but it could be good for me.

Cheers : )

Yes i was the one to send you the message. There is my phone number there. However dont call em today as yesterday got my wisdom tooth out and cant barely speak still today. Hope that for tomorrow it will be better to party on! :P

Hi Dean,
You are most welcome and perhaps we may have a cuppa one day if I am around your area.  I am living on the outskirts of Bangkok in a very quiet location.
Do give a shout if you need any tips etc.
Cheers

Hi Lius
I just joined today as such may have missed last friday gathering.Please put me in the loop. Thanks

Hi Dean and everyone else
I know the feeling of isolation so your not alone there my friend.
I am also living on the outskirts of Bangkok in a very quiet location with about zero farangs - its nice but...

If anyone wants to chat on MSN or shoot me a message - by all means do...