Bank accounts

We are in the UK and would like to open a bank account in Mauritius so when can move there as retired non citizen's  but unable to provide an address there or utility  bill any advise

Hi,

I opened a bank account with MCB recently, whilst I was in Cape Town. Very simple. I got the required docs together and couriered them to Mauritius. Account was opened in just over a week. No need for a Mauritian address. Explained circumstances, provided proof of residence/address in CPT.
Drop me a message if you need anything specific.

Actually.... found old email from MCB that might help....

Please find below the criteria based on our resident and non-resident customers and account options available.

The terms and conditions applicable for non-resident foreigners:

•   Minimum balance of USD 3000 (or the equivalent) to open an account
•  In the event the aggregate account balance falls under the above, a penalty fee of USD10 will be applicable
•  Mandatory account maintenance fee of USD100 per year

Resident foreigners who wish to stay within Select International:

The MCB Select International premium segment and benefit from the exclusive services associated with the following criteria:

•  MUR 120,000 minimum monthly salary or MUR 2M to invest with MCB
•  Monthly subscription of MUR 600 to benefit from the premium services (details below)

An all-in-one package for resident customers:

A premium card collection consisting of an American Express green card, a MasterCard or Visa gold credit card* & a platinum debit card
Discounted price for a secondary card collection
A Conciergerie service available 24/7 – brochure attached
Free direct debits & standing orders in favour of MCB accounts
Free Internet banking token
Free letter of reference
Free membership to Priority Pass and American Express Rewards programme
Access to our premium MCB lounges in Ebene, Floreal, Riviere Noire, Cascavelle, Port Louis and Grand Bay
A dedicated banker and access to a wide range of investment products and credit facilities

*A pledge amount will be needed for the application of the credit cards. (For example a limit of Mur 100,000 a pledge of 130% will be required – Mur 130,000)

I invite you to follow the link below for more information about the privileges of Select International:

https://www.mcb.mu/en/personal/banking/ … rnational/ .

The list of documents needed to open the account:
•                     Passport
•                     Proof of residential address that does not exceed 3 months
•                     A bank reference confirming good account maintenance and duration of relationship
•                     A CV
Documents should be certified if copies are to be provided.
Signed documents (F2200 + F2231)

The list of documents can be sent to us by post or upon arrival in Mauritius, the account can be opened in the nearest MCB Branch.

Thank you will give them a try

Hi ! could you advise if we could open a bank account on a tourist visa in Mauritius? If yes, documents required for the same.

Hi,

I believe you can open an account regardless of visas. The only difference, I believe, is as a Mauritian national (Mauritian permit) you are charged differently. Only found this out this morning, when I went to change address and bank realised that I now had a permit. They will reduce my bank charges.
Docs as above

I found mcb on-line very helpful and quick to respond to questions posed.

Hope this help.

thanks very much!