Business ideas in BALI - 30-40.000 USD investment

Hi,

As I said in title, I looking to open "something" in Bali. Ubud / Seminyak with 30-40.000USD investment, with the help of local people.

Someone from Ubud said I can use his name to owned a land 100x100 ith is cost 15.000USD but I dont think so I can do many things with the rest  amount on that land.

Any business idea? I looking for something that to give me a good life there and to secure my expenses there." I do not want to rich" just want to " no worry about tomorrow"

what are my expectations on a financial plan? I think with 2.000-2500 USD monthly income I can live there in good conditions.

Experience:
4 years of school in tourism and foods ( Anything about foods in Restaurants, cooking etc)
Also, I graduated from college in London, with 2 yrs college diploma in Business, management and marketing. So no puppy :)) but not an expert, I never owned a restaurant lol. So I have to risk my saving account.

Any idea or business partner are welcome.

* As forum rules, please dont leave any contact details in your post, use PM.

Thank you,
Alex

Ferrelluk wrote:

Someone from Ubud said I can use his name to owned a land 100x100 ith is cost 15.000USD but I dont think so I can do many things with the rest  amount on that land.

It's called a nominee scheme, and it's illegal. The other problem is, as it's illegal, you can't take them to court if they sell it out from under you or kicks you out.

Basically - DON'T

Thank you. Anyway, I plan fly to Bali in 2 months to meet a lawyer, someone from Ubud and one restaurant owner who is from Europe and open a rest there since 2017.

The question is, 80% from Europe opened bars and restaurants with help of local people... We will see lol I hope I find a way.

You'll get away with that, assuming you don't stand out too much, if you're married to a local and the business is in their name. As long as a wife/husband fronts it and you stay out of sight as far as working goes, you can run it for ever and nobody will bother you.
Other than that, if you don't follow the strict rules you're risking every penny you invest in illegal schemes.

http://www.bali-villa-arrangements.com/ … foreigners

These were deported for an illegal photo shoot

https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/201 … shoot.html

Plenty more to go at.

The advice is very simple - If it isn't 100% legal, don't do it.

I've been living in Ubud 24/7 for the past 21+ years.

30 to 40K US isn't going to get you close to opening a restaurant in either Ubud or Seminyak.  I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is.

Good answer, the buget was set by my saving not by Any information before. After research I found 2 floors in Ubud 20.000usd for a year rent and owner of propriety Said, 15.000usd enought for kitchen, 8-10tables and renovation. Btw most of meat menu are prepared on grill... ! Seminyak, 35.000 USD Per year 10x15 meters with 5x5 terace. This price I just receive on email from local guy who work as lawyer. Btw... maybe I fond someone with location so I can just renovation so no rent pay needed!

A Short visit in August and see...
Thanks for info and Any info are still welcome, maybe drink a beer when I travel to Bali.

When you're in Ubud you should stop by The Fly Cafe (you can Google it) as this is a popular spot for expats, and do some networking.  The owner of The Fly is a former Executive Chef for Kempinski Beijing.  You can pick his brain as well.  Friday nights are generally packed with expats...but go early...like 6:30 or 7:00 pm.

Good info, thank you!