Medicare as insurance in Belgium?

I receive social security disability in the US.  Is my Medicare considered health insurance  in Belgium?If not what are affordable and acceptable health insurance websites?  Thanks!

Hi,

It is difficult to answer your question clearly without knowing the status you expect to have in Belgium.  Are you a tourist or a resident?  There is a dedicated service for people with disabilities.  That in Belgian social security, the system is totally different to that of the USA.  But if you want to go through private medical coverage, it is also possible via this company: https://www.dkv.be/fr/contact

I'll be arriving as a visitor for three months then getting married.  Then I'll be on his insurance.  I'm able to keep my ss disability pay from the us. I checked. But I plan to work part time.

If you're a visitor to Belgium, you cannot work whilst in Belgium.

@Currylover

Could you please explain why the OP cannot work.

Wild guess - assuming it's the same as the rest of the EU; because she will be on a 90-day (Schengen) visa which is not a work permit, so no registration, no tax reference to pay taxes etc, etc.

Furthermore, if your plan is to marry whilst visiting Belgium, that is misrepresentation by posing as a visitor. Respect the law and get a fiance visa in advance, then marry, then change category in country to spouse. After around 6 months, your permission to remain should have been granted and finally you can work.

Currylover wrote:

Furthermore, if your plan is to marry whilst visiting Belgium, that is misrepresentation by posing as a visitor. Respect the law and get a fiance visa in advance, then marry, then change category in country to spouse. After around 6 months, your permission to remain should have been granted and finally you can work.

Maybe there are unaware of the different visas on offer?