Moving with 2 Labradors

Hi All :)

We are planning our family move from South Africa to Malta at the end of the year (I will come a few months early) and I was determined to take our 2 Labradors wherever we go. We currently have a house and garden but I see that we won't be able to afford the same in Malta.

Is it possible to live with 2 large dogs in an apartment / townhouse in Malta (if the landlord allows)?
Is it just a matter of getting into a new routine to walk them a few times a day?
Do people with big dogs try to rather stay further out in more rural areas where gardens are available or are there different accommodation types that have a courtyard etc, that might be suitable for large dogs?

Any advice would be appreciated! We would would hate to have to leave them behind!

Thanks a mil,
Anton

Do you have to live in Malta?  If not try Gozo as renting is cheaper, even though it has risen, and you may get a property with a garden or courtyard for the cost of an apartment there.

Thanks but I have a job in Swieqi so Gozo will be too far to commute ...

You do get homes with courtyards and gardens but might need to look further than the usual tourist hellhole area of st julians/sliema and around - you'd be much happier anyway.

As for what people do - its very hot here, our dogs cant cope outside in the day of course some dogs are more suitable to heat than others so your milage might vary. So summer they tend to spend mostly indoor which is a shame.

On the facebook saffa groups is a estate agent company owned by saffas and they can probably help you out with advise and where to look for the kind of thing your after

Thanks Volcane - I will check out that facebook group for ideas.
Much appreciated - Anton