Bringing pet Dwarf hamsters to Malta from UK

Hello,

Our family is moving to Malta from the UK in January and hope to bring 3 Dwarf Hamsters.
I've found airlines that will let us take them in the cabin when we fly to Malta in January, but 
I'm trying to find out what documentation they will need to have when they arrive.

If anyone on the forum has brought hamsters to Malta before or has any information I would be most grateful.

Thank you

Nick

Welcome to the Forum nickwong :)

There are no rabies requirements for other species of rodents, rabbits, birds, ornamental fish, intervebrates, amphibians and reptiles imported to Malta from other EU states as well as Andorra, Switzerland, Croatia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway and San Marino. However, pet rabbits and rodents imported to Malta from any other non-EU rabies-controlled country will be quarantined for 4 months.

Birds, invertebrates, tropical fish, reptiles, amphibia, mammals such as rodents and rabbits should have a health certificate to enter Malta. Pet owners are strongly advised to seek further information from the relevant authority of their country and/or that of the destination country.

A licensed veterinarian should examine the pet within three days prior to the commencement of travel and confirm, in the appropriate section of the Pet Passport (Clinical Examination), that the animal is in good health and able to withstand carriage to the destination.

Many thanks for your reply, very helpful.

Hi,

I am also going to move into Malta soon.

I would like to bring a Turtle and 4 Hamsters.

So what I need to do with the Turtle?

Raymond