WANT TO RESIGN AND GO BACK TO MY COUNTRY (INDIA)

Dear sir/madam,

I'm an Indian working in a restaurant in Kuwait from last 11 months as a driver for 120 KD salary and I'm recruited from India. Due to some family problems I want to resign and go back to India. My visa number is 18. In my offer letter they mention THIS CONTRACT IS NOT LIMITED (UNLIMITED) TO 2 YEARS RESIDENCY AND THE RECRUITED PERSON WILL BE ON PROBATION FOR 100 DAYS. AND IN CASE OF TERMINATION OR RESIGNATION 3 MONTHS NOTICE PERIOD IS TO BE GIVEN FROM BOTH SIDES. Except this nothing they mentioned about visa charges or recruitment charges.

few days ago when I submit my resignation letter with 3 months notice period my sponsor is not accepting my resignation and saying if you want to resign you have to pay recruitment fee, driving license fee and remaining months salary (15X120=1800 KD). And also they hold my passport.

I want to know what they said above is acceptable by law when my contract is not fixed contact?

The concern I have are

No. 1: Once I resign and serve my notice period of 3 months I have to pay any amount to the company? asper law is my sponsor have any right to ask money for visa charges ?

No. 2: If I need to pay anything how would it be calculated and how much will it be?

No. 3: Is they have any right to take my driving license or charge for it

. I really need your legal advice and immediate response on this particular matter is highly appreciated

Thanks you sir/madam

VkVarma wrote:

few days ago when I submit my resignation letter with 3 months notice period my sponsor is not accepting my resignation and saying if you want to resign you have to pay recruitment fee, driving license fee and remaining months salary (15X120=1800 KD). And also they hold my passport.

Is any of this in the contract? If not, then none of it is legal, especially not holding on to your passport.

Hello,
He dont have right to hold your passeport its illegal by law, and visa fees are in charge of employeer not at your charge.
Go to shououn ton complain, you have only this issue.
Regards

Vijay C,

I cam to Kuwait in a company and on my job offer my post was a quality control operator and my salary is 150 KD, but they give visa of electrician and now when I reached to Kuwait I came to know that there is no requirement of this  position. And also not getting overtime as discussed.

So I want to know whether can I go back to India  within 3 months ?  as I have not received Civil ID yet. Can they ask me to pay ticket  and visa  and civil id  charges if I want go back to India?

Regards

VIjAY

I may want to first ask you a question.   Yes you came on an Electrician visa and I guess you signed a contract when you reached. Right? Which title/ job reference  of contract did you sign?

Which aee the terms and conditions did you put your signature on ?

Therefore I do request,  go back to your contract and revise it very well, please internalize it to maximum.

Only 8 hours are mandatory for work  in kuwait , other additional  periods are considered over time , so you may find your additional over time is  inclusive of 150kd salary.

If you find the contract you signed out weighs your capacity , then you will have to be patient , work for the company for a period of 12 months and resign.

After submitting your resignation letter , you will still work for additional 3 months and then you will go home.

But before you make any decision further , first know this , if you go back to your home country,  will you be able to get 150 kd with out tax each month?

If no. You would rather stay for 3 years , then look for a job that suits your interests in kuwait as long as the employer has no intentions of  canceling your contract.

Stay well and be strong .

I have private sector work visa for 3 months