Success stories with Primary Schools

Hello!
I would love to hear some success stories about those of you who have found local government primary schools that teach also in enough English for your children to understand the lesson? Thanks xxx.

Have you read the many previous posts about schooling?

Oh yeah! Mostly they are negative stories and none that directly broach the subject I asked about.

Very sorry only trying to help!

Hi! My 8 year old is in year 4 at St Clare College Primary School in Sliema. It is a government school. She is taught 100% in English because out of the 21 kids in her class, there are only 5 Maltese, everyone else is from all over the world.

I selected Sliema as our city of residence since it has such a large expat community. There are so many foreigners in the school that they need to teach in English.

With that said, my friend's children attend government school in Melleiha and are taught in English and Maltese. - There are fewer foreigners in that school.

Sliema and St Julian's have the most expat presence so I would say choose one of those areas if you need your child to be instructed in English.

Thanks for your response! Does the school your daughter attends teach boys also? We are in Sliema and I have wondered about that school....

Yes!

Hi! We're a family from the Netherlands and would like to know if you of any Dutch children that go to st Clare? We're thinking about moving to Malta with our girls who are 8 and 10. They don't yet speak much English. I'm worried they might feel left out... thank you!
Noël

Children are very adaptable, they pick up a new language very quickly when surrounded by everyone speaking it. I would not be too worried about them. You could get them learning more now. Maybe get some English books? Instead of talking to them in Dutch talk to them in English. You will be surprised how quickly they will pick it up.