Marry in Haiphong, Vietnam

Hi. I'm from Brazil and I will go to Haiphong, Vietnam to marry with vietnamese citizen. I searched a lot but I didn't found any information about the documents I need to provide to get marry, can somebody help me?

I know I will need one Certificate of Good Mental Health, but I can not speak vietnamese, somebody knows if is there (on Haiphong or Hanoi) some hospital or clinic that speaks english to help me with this certificate?

Thanks.

Shouldnt you be getting your future wife to sort out all this for you?

Not sure why you couldnt find this.

https://www.angloinfo.com/how-to/vietna … quirements

Just for reference, what does the age requirement follow because age in VN is not the same age as in the USA?  For example, my wife always tells me she is 1 and sometimes 2 years older than her age based on the year she was born.  Thus, a woman can be 17 in the USA but considered 18 or 19 in VN.  I know why there is a difference in age, but am curious as to what age does the VN law look at when it comes to the marriage age requirement.

colinoscapee wrote:

Shouldnt you be getting your future wife to sort out all this for you?

Not sure why you couldnt find this.

https://www.angloinfo.com/how-to/vietna … quirements

Perhaps because a Brazilian wouldn't necessarily think to look at a site called "AngloInfo"   :joking:

To the OP:   I could not find an official embassy website for the VN Embassy in either Brazil or Portugal, so you may be back to reading English:  http://vietnamembassy-usa.org/consular/ … gistration  The documents required should be the same regardless of what country you are from.

Normally I would recommend that you take your documents directly to the Vietnamese Embassy to be certified but as Brasilia is a long way from anywhere, unless by chance you live there, it may be better to do that once in Vietnam.  You should be able to have all of your documents both translated and certified in Hanoi.  Once again, check with your fiance.

Thanks for answer! Yes, he searched too, but at Vietnam everything is too complicated everywhere everybody don't want to help without earn money back, there are a lot of corruption. Because of that I am searching on google and here. If someone knows a hospital and clinic that speak english (near Hanoi or Haiphong)  where I can get this documents please tell me. Thanks!

"Perhaps because a Brazilian wouldn't necessarily think to look at a site called "AngloInfo"   :joking: "

Because that was the third one listed when typing into Google, "paperwork needed for marriage in Vietnam", it wasn't a site that was too hard to find,  and the question was asked in English, not Portuguese

dti wrote:

Thanks for answer! Yes, he searched too, but at Vietnam everything is too complicated everywhere everybody don't want to help without earn money back, there are a lot of corruption. Because of that I am searching on google and here. If someone knows a hospital and clinic that speak english (near Hanoi or Haiphong)  where I can get this documents please tell me. Thanks!

You really need to get him to ask where he is registered, every town and provence has different rules. When I got married we only had to do a mental check, which is a complete joke. The process is not that difficult, it's the useless officials that drag it out due to their incompetence.

colinoscapee wrote:

"Perhaps because a Brazilian wouldn't necessarily think to look at a site called "AngloInfo"   :joking: "

Because that was the third one listed when typing into Google, "paperwork needed for marriage in Vietnam", it wasn't a site that was too hard to find,  and the question was asked in English, not Portuguese

The last part of your comment may hold the key.  I think that the way Google works, the results you get are to some extent determined by the queries you have made before and maybe even your IP address.  That way if you make a Google search in Portuguese from a computer in Brazil, you will get different results than a query in English.

THIGV wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

The last part of your comment may hold the key.  I think that the way Google works, the results you get are to some extent determined by the queries you have made before and maybe even your IP address.  That way if you make a Google search in Portuguese from a computer in Brazil, you will get different results than a query in English.

Yeah, I'm often getting a page full of Tiếng Việt listings when I search using English words.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Yeah, I'm often getting a page full of Tiếng Việt listings when I search using English words.

Based on your recent travels, you have probably been tied into Google through a variety of connections, both WiFi and maybe your phone provider.  This means that Google sees you the same as it sees the most recent queries from that hotel or coffee shop where you brought out your laptop for the free WiFi.  :D   If you settle back into your own apartment  and make all your queries from the same IP address, I expect that your history will soon filter out the choices that you do not click on in favor of the ones that you do.  It is insidious but that's how it seems to work. 

Big Brother is watching  :o  but in your case you are moving around too fast for him to catch up.   :top::cool:

Went on to my wifes phone and did a search in English, got the same results. Keywords are important with Google.

At the end of the day, it really isn't that hard to find.

I just did a reverse search about getting married in Brazil and had no problem finding information.

The link I attached before should help the OP, but her partner needs to do some ground work to help her out.

I searched a lot but as somebody told here every place has own rules and specific documents. So I asked if somebody knows about Haiphong's specifically documents. I didnt find any official website at vietnam which I can confirm all this information ..that is why I posted here hoping somebody is on same situation and may share with me the information, it is simple.

Thanks for everybody who really tried to answer my question!