Regarding UAE health screenings: Hep B HBsAg HBsAb HBcAb

hi people,
I have been admitted by Masdar Institute in Masdar City, Abu Dhabi. I really like the program that I applied for.
But recently I found reports on the Internet saying that UAE government will deport foreigners who are Hepatitis B Virus carriers.
I was infected with HBV when I was young. But according to my doctor, I have already recovered, based on my blood test result:
HBsAg -
HBsAb +
HBeAg -
HBeAb -
HBcAb +

But I don't know how UAE government will interpret the result. I really don't want to quit my job and go to UAE and just to be deported at the airport.

I tried to contact the School's info, but he said he didn't know what are tested in the health screening, and UAE government does not disclose that.

I would like to ask if anybody knows what will be test in the blood test?  Is only HBsAg tested or all of them?

Thank you very much!

hi people,
I think I've found the answer myself.
I found the Health Authority Abu Dhabi's policy regarding the matter on their website. It's very detailed.
It turned out only HBsAg is tested.

Only one thing still confuses me. According to their documents, not all visa applicants are required to be tested of HBV, but only the visa applicants whose occupation falls into Category Bi, Bii, C are required.
Does any one know what is Category Bi, Bii, and C???
Thank you!

It is stated as follows:

6.  Standard 2 – Visa Screening Tests
6.1.  Visa screening tests are classified into occupational categories determined by the federal
Law.  Approved Visa screening providers must perform the batch of screening tests
specified for each occupational group in accordance with the visa screening process as
described at Section 7 (Standard 3) of this Standard.
6.2.  Screening for new visa applicants Category A includes screening for:
6.2.1.  leprosy
6.2.2.  pulmonary tuberculosis, and
6.2.3.  HIV.
6.3.  Screening for new visa applicants in Category Bi (Appendix 8) includes screening for
6.3.1.  Leprosy,
6.3.2.  Pulmonary tuberculosis,
6.3.3.  HIV,
6.3.4.  Hepatitis B,
6.3.5.  Syphilis,
6.3.6.  Vaccination for hepatitis B,
6.3.7.  Pregnancy test for females.
6.4.  Screening for new visa applicants Category Bii (Appendix 8) includes screening for:
6.4.1.  leprosy, pulmonary tuberculosis,
6.4.2.  HIV,
6.4.3.  Hepatitis, 
6.4.4.  syphilis, and
6.4.5.  Vaccination for hepatitis B,
6.5.  Enhanced visa screening service: Health screening for new visa applicants in category C
include:
6.5.1.  leprosy, pulmonary tuberculosis.
6.5.2.  HIV.
6.5.3.  hepatitis B,
6.5.4.  hepatitis C.
6.5.5.  Hepatitis B vaccine if the applicant did not take it previously.
6.6.  visa screening service: Screening for all Renewal visa applicants Category A includes
detection of:
6.6.1.  leprosy, 
6.6.2.  pulmonary tuberculosis, and
6.6.3.  HIV.
6.7.  Screening for Renewal visa applicants Category B(i and ii) includes screening for:
6.7.1.  leprosy, pulmonary tuberculosis;
6.7.2.  HIV;
6.7.3.  hepatitis B;
6.7.4.  syphilis and
6.7.5.  Pregnancy for females Category Bi
6.8.  Hepatitis B vaccination status (verify the doses taken).Enhanced Health screening for
renewal for visa applicants in category C as it is required by HAAD standards includes:
6.8.1.  leprosy, pulmonary tuberculosis
6.8.2.  HIV
6.8.3.  hepatitis B
6.8.4.  hepatitis C
6.8.5.  Hepatitis B vaccine if the applicant has no history of previous vaccination.

Please check out here:
HAAD Standard for Visa Screening in the
Emirate of Abu Dhabi 
Issue Date: February 2011
(http://www.haad.ae/HAAD/LinkClick.aspx? … d&tabid=82)

Subject:  HAAD Standard Visa Screening
Program in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi

HAAD Standard for Visa Screening in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi
Issue Date: February 2011

Hi tiddler83!

There is a thread already on the forum : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=8857
Maybe you should have a look.

Regards
Armand