Coming from NC To Algiera hopefully!

Hi everyone how are you today? My name is Tronica and I was introduced to Algeria two years ago by a lovely man who I knew online. I always tried to come to Algeria but things always came up. Now that my father has passed away. I want to come and stay in Algeria and learn the culture, and the cuisine of the Algerian people. I want to stay for about three months. So would anyone know how I could go about finding a house or flat that I can rent? I am single with no children. I can't wait to come and visit the country first.

Hello, are you an American? British? Canadian? As an American I applied for a tourist visa but with a sponsor (invitation), but if you are staying in a hotel you can have them fill out the paperwork as well. But I believe you have to be booked for as long as your stay. Or get a sponsor (invitation) from someone you know that's willing be responsible during your stay. When you apply for the visa they'll ask you the duration you plan on staying there. I requested 3 months and have stayed for 6 months with an extension. We have an Algerian embassy in NY and Washington D.C. and where you reside determines which one you have to apply to. I hope this helps!

Hello Tronica, I have one thing to say.
Stay away from these scammers. They are thieves.
Sorry.

She's correct, I've heard of some really bad experience from people. I was weary as well to visit and spend so much time there. My family was overly concerned as well. But I'm glad I went on my initial trip and had a good time. I'll be returning in Dec or May. I hope you you have a great time!

Hi Welcome in My Country , i Know You Love Him .. We are Good & Great Peopels

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the housing section.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hey there. This is highly interesting culture: Not exactly Arab, French or African  quite unique blend and life style. As everywhere, there are nice & Bad people  U wouldn't be particularly in danger as Algerians are very hospitable people against foreigners. I assume U're Anglo Saxon  unfortunetly no one speaks English  I strongly recommend U take some French classes before your departure !!  I've been coming to Algiers since 2013 and moved here for good on April 2019  so get in touch if U have further questions. Good luck & Cheers.   Kaan

hiya
am nasser am a native , i have recently came back to algeria from a very long trip in the uk
. lets start by the properties and how you can get a place to live in this lovely country ,first you need to pay the for the whole year in advance ,the  prices start from  200 dollars a month in the city of algiers and go up to 400 dollars in a posh area , i dont know if you already have a visa or not yet but im ready to help you if you need an invitation letter or an accomodation lette free of charge , i just want to make friends with english speakers and hopefully to hang out with and help you to know your way around the city of algiers just to make a friends as i miss my british friends ,people are very friendly here but still you have to know about places where you musnt go alone and at a given time of the day, ya always bad people i every country so you have to be very careful where to go and who you trust, i dont know your age , am 51 i have lived here 30 years , last week i met an american couple , i thought that they got lost so i offered to help and we chatted for a few minutes they are husband and wife margo and erick ,
i wish i had asked for their contact details to hangout together sometimes,
any question ? happy to help
see you

hi again

there is a website here in algeria where ppl advertise their product , any thing from puppies to houses
its like gumtree in the uk ,  i can be your guide and your translator you dont have yo worry about anything , are you coming as tourist or do you live here , let me know what are your plans and i get back to you

nasser

hi pandora
am nasser from algiers am 51 , are you srom the us ?

Hi Tronica.
hope you are doing well. i am married to an american wife and we moved to Algeria since 2013 i run an visa and advisory office in Algiers please feel free to contact me
have great day

I have decided to wait for my adventure in Algeria until after September. My visa was approved for 3 months. I am taking the advice of some on here and im learning french so I can get around Algeria better. Thank you all to who responded

Welcome to Algeria,