Ben Aknoun Algiers

Hi, I am a 48 year old white British woman intending on moving to Algiers in the next few years.
My fiancé has his own flat in the Ben Aknoun area and I am curious about life in Algiers. I was there in 2015 for a week and enjoyed it very much. However I am curious about what it would be like to live there full time and what the differences are compared to Croydon greater London ..I am not the sort of person to go out late or drink etc etc but I am spirited and i love adventure. I would love to have an idea of what it's like to live and work there. Ideally i would love to travel between the UK and Algiers to make life interesting.. Are you an expat who can tell me what it's like? I would really love to hear from you , thanks 🙏🏻 x

Well

first of all

Ben Aknoun is a very crowded place due the highest presence of the government institutions and ministries , embassies , 
the high road is almost everyday blocked due to the high traffic there
Ben Aknoun contains a nice ZOO ,some universities ,
Life is  not that interesting  but if you might be for you since you are curious
living and working : its all about experience , appearance in most cases

i wish i could help more

kinda Regards

Hi, thanks for your reply. Are English people welcomed in Algiers and is it safe for an English woman  to walk around freely or should she always be accompanied? Are there any bad areas which I should avoid ?

Are there nice restaurants and places of interest ?

Kind regards

hi you are very welcome to live and  walk around freely places like oran and algiers the capital they will not even notice you you enen can go out at night with plenty of nice  restaurantshttps://farm6.staticflickr.com/5728/22475764415_34a9bea010_b.jpg

Laurenrahim wrote:

Hi, thanks for your reply. Are English people welcomed in Algiers and is it safe for an English woman  to walk around freely or should she always be accompanied? Are there any bad areas which I should avoid ?

Are there nice restaurants and places of interest ?

Kind regards

Hello again ,

please do accept my apology for the late reply from my part ,

well , i am gunna be extremely honest with you , Algiers is a big city  plus it is the capital , there's some ups and some down , some plus and some minus if you might say , there's some places and areas that known for being very dangerous , walking or going out at night is not a good idea if you're willing to visit some places like the sides of Algiers , the capital ( the center ) may be more secured , even there you might get robbed or have a small accident ( again i am not trying to scare you ) i can not tell u that Algeria is  heaven , always be where there's people , when it is crowed ( at night ) , most place are secured but do not depend that much of the police , i personally dont trust them that well ,

Question : Are there nice restaurants and places of interest  ?

Answer :  yes , of course , go to google.dz and look for places

i'd be glad to help more

Kind Regards