Brazil golden visa through real estate

Hi,

Has anyone applied for a Golden visa through real estate investment? If so what was the process and did you have to prove that the funds were sent through the central bank?

My understanding is that you need to invest 700k reais in real estate (in the north of Brazil) and 1 million reais in other areas to apply for the visa?

Once and investment has been made you can apply for the visa?

Any information on the process would be appreciated. Thanks

Ikexplorer

Wow -- this is an obscure one!  The instruction that makes it possible was only published on November 23, 2018.  It's the very LAST document in the "Resoluções -- CNIG" section of this list of applicable legislation on the Federal Police website, RN36/2018 -- CNIG:

http://www.pf.gov.br/servicos-pf/imigracao/legislacao

The Labor Ministry grants the visa, and there are no instructions (yet) on the Federal Police website, or any I could find on Consulate websites.  Any time you're dealing with Brazilian offices on this one, you'll want to have a copy of RN36/2018 with you, because it may be the first time they've seen it. 

According to the Resolution, it's pretty straightforward:  you provide the registered Purchase and Sale Agreement, a declaration from a Brazilian bank registered with the Central Bank (i.e., any major commercial bank) that the requisite funds have been transferred from abroad, and, if you're putting up new construction, your legally required building permits to the Labor Ministry.  After their review, they'll authorize you to live in Brazil for two years.  At the end of that period, you can apply to extend it indefinitely.

I'd definitely work with a lawyer on this, if I were doing it.  Good luck!

Abthree,

Thank you very much for your prompt and detailed reply.

I will get my lawyer to look into this further as I think I meet the criteria. I will update the forum accordingly with my success issues etc.

Thanks again!