I get killed by mosquitoes here.

KruChris, if you think you have dozens of "mosquitoes" in your bedroom and in your things, and a net tent failed you, it seems likely if they're biting you - you don't mention that specifically - that you too are being bitten by no see ums or midges. Please read my unfortunately long posts above for some guidance.

Yes, you need DEET. It makes no difference what the strength is. You will have to reapply every 15 to 30 minutes around the clock, not what it says on the label. 

Everything that applies to mosquitoes is useless if it's midges. Everything that normally applies to midges is useless here because you probably have a recessive genetic trait that makes you a target.

There is no solution. There's just eking out tiny bits of time without being bitten by turning off your a/c for four hours at dawn and at dusk (essentially 4-8 twice a day), never opening your windows, protecting your door, living in the right building.

If they're in your clothes, you probably have nests. They like to nest in suitcases as much as on walls and in cabinets and closets. Even if you clean up thoroughly - and nests will reappear every day so you have to be vigilant - your Asian neighbors won't. Look in the hallways of your building and on the underneath of stair treads and around the front door framing of your neighbors' apartments. Take down the nests and get them out of your building.

Good luck. I hope that you are not the 3rd person in this very small, very terrible club.

yamcha wrote:

I never open the windows and always use a/c.  I'm just one of those people who attract them.

At this moment, I'm in the mozzy tent and some are inside. The itching is bad, as is their sound. Need to buy decent DEET, apparently.