Permanent spouse visa

hello all
  i'll try to keep it simple
    i'm british man and married  to a brazilian woman for 2 years we are currently living in uk.
   i wish to take a permanent visa for Brazil as wiish to move there in 2 years.
can i do this at th Brazil consulate in london , which documents do we need ?
  do we have to make an appointment at consulate for this?
  thank you for any help
Gary

Hi, Gary
Since the reform of the immigration laws in 2017, Brazilian Consulates abroad no longer issue permanent visas.  They will issue you a temporary visa for family reunion, a VITEM XI, which will allow you to travel to Brazil and request permanent status from the Federal Police.
The Consulates recommend applying for the VITEM XI one to two months prior to your departure for Brazil, so it's early for you, if your trip is two years away.  Check the website of the Brazilian Consulate General in London for the document requirements,  and keep checking periodically, in case they change.   The Consulate should be able to brief you on the additional documents you'll need to present to the Federal Police when you get to Brazil.

thank you very much for your reply i didn't know about this so i've read more into this looks a little more straightforward than i imagined.
   thanks again
gary :)

Sure thing!  Like so much in dealing with Brazilian bureaucracy, it's not really difficult, as long as you follow the rules.  Best of luck!

Plus, one of the required documents for VITEM XI is to have a ticket already bought.

The applicant must submit either a booking confirmation (paid ticket or e-ticket) or a booking reservation (or letter from a travel agent on the applicant's behalf), containing the complete itinerary, flight numbers and arrival / departure dates

I was issued a Vitem XI without itenerary or flight bookings. I'm from Canada though.they do require you to give approximate date when you would likely travel... also how long you intend to stay (of course you want to make an impression you do intend to fulfill residency requirements) It also ask your connections in Brazil (immediate contacts such as family, friends and etc).. As long as you have your certidao de casamento registered and done in the consulate in your jurisdiction.that's first thing to be done if you did not get married in Brazil (foreign marriage)

Abthree  is right. 2 years from now of any immigration changes. Keep yourself updated. New rules/requirements arise.

Also consulate people are not very helpful in my experience. The new changes was implemented November 2017, got mine March 2018 and the consulate representatives were confusing me with older rules.

If you have family members or friends in Brazil I suggest having one sent to inquire at PF of any doubts you have. At the moment they are the only agency you will be dealing with.

Smart callout by nv91:

"As long as you have your certidao de casamento registered and done in the consulate in your jurisdiction.that's first thing to be done if you did not get married in Brazil (foreign marriage)"

Hard to overstate the importance of that Certidão.  It's the only document I know of that lets you register your marriage in Brazil,  and everything is easier once you've done that.  If you were married outside Brazil, getting it should be a priority.

Gary

You apply after arriving in country. Go to federal police to CRNM number ASAP. This is brazil foreigner id number. You need this to open bank account in Brazil. Bank account is easiest requirement for permanent visa application.
They will give you protocol for application all requirements.

Take original birth certificate then send to British Embassy to get Apostille when in Brazil or do it in UK