Nurse anesthetist (CRNA)

Hello, I am currently practicing as Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist in Florida, US.  I am curious to find out about work environment and how the process of getting credentialed in Netherlands.  I was in Amsterdam over the summer of 2018, and I loved it.  I know I have to learn Dutch, then take the board exam in Dutch.  If I start now learning about the process and language I would be ready in 3-5years.  Please help me to find appropriate websites to go search the process.  Thank you in advance for your time. 
I graduated from 4 year University then 28months Master's program both in US.  US citizen as well.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

My advice to you is, at the top of the page is a link to our Discover section, within which, you'll find our Netherlands Guide, read that first, follow the links that it may provide to you that will help you plan your journey.

To be able to practice nursing in the Netherlands, you will need to be registered on the "BIG Register"; this link will take you to the Dutch government website that has all that information; again, read it and any links within.

3 > 5 years is a long way off, but the sooner you start learning Dutch, the easier you will make your journey to living and working in the Netherlands.  Further, because it's so far away, keep an eye on it for changes.

If you have any further specific questions, please come back to us.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

If you're in the closed CRNA group on Facebook, there's a recent post from one of our colleagues about this. I'm learning Dutch myself and am in the process of hopefully moving forward with a plan to relocate in the next year or two.