New members of the Malta forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hello Berend ,

John here , moving to malta in couple of months,

good luck for your business and the very best.

HI ,
     I am really delighted to see your text . i am kabi lama from Nepal and looking for a job opportunity in  Malta .i would be happy if you could help me to find a good job  in Malta .
May I also know about you??

kabi85 wrote:

HI ,
     I am really delighted to see your text . i am kabi lama from Nepal and looking for a job opportunity in  Malta .i would be happy if you could help me to find a good job  in Malta .

Who are you referring to?

kabi85 wrote:

HI ,

If you are responding or replying to a members post, please click on Quote then we all know you you are replying too. That said please define a "Good Job"?

As being a non-EU citizen and you are looking for any low skilled employment your chances are pretty much zero as any genuine company will not pay or take the time to go through the paperwork in getting you a work visa. Maltese, EU Citizens get the first picks on the job front. This is the case for all countries in the EU.

Now if you are a Highly skilled worker then this might be a different case. Maybe you should also include what work, one is looking for?

Hi,

I'm new to this website. I'm an online marketing manager looking to relocate to Malta, because I've always felt at home in Malta.

I have 13 years of online marketing experience and 20 years of overall marketing experience.

In my spare time I sing and I love diving as well.

Tasmara wrote:

Hi,

I'm new to this website. I'm an online marketing manager looking to relocate to Malta, because I've always felt at home in Malta.

I have 13 years of online marketing experience and 20 years of overall marketing experience.

Welcome to the forum. Malta is even higher populated than the Netherlands by sqkm. People who like diving and also plenty other people around will be happy in Malta. The whole of Malta is just like a big city. I live in Gozo which is the backyard of Malta and called the village. In between we have Comino, a place where people can walk in peace. One thing all three maltese islands have in common. We have no forest. Therefore you need a TV to see how a forest looks like after moving to Malta. However, for divers Malta is a nice place, because we have plenty water around, often much deeper than the waters off the dutch coast and of course our weather is more reliable.

Hi Expat Community

I have lived in Malta for 5 years my husband and I moved here from South Africa. We are very happy in Malta, it did take awhile to settle however we love the island lifestyle and the proximity to the rest of Europe.

Kind regards
Astrid

Thanks a lot.

Luca072577 wrote:

Thanks a lot.

Welcome to the Forum, what are you referring to?

My name is Henry Ihewuokwu I am from Nigeria origin of IMO State base in Lagos,  I am planning on relocating to Malta,  I have done my research about the beautiful country and I love there culture and traditions what actually got me attracted was when I found out that Malta is an English speaking country with lots of good offers and good life for foreigners.
      My visa is under process and I will love to know how I can secure a good job and also get a permanent residence in Malta or advice on how to extend my stay in Malta.
Thanks

Henrysunhen wrote:

My name is Henry Ihewuokwu I am from Nigeria origin of IMO State base in Lagos,  I am planning on relocating to Malta,  I have done my research about the beautiful country and I love there culture and traditions what actually got me attracted was when I found out that Malta is an English speaking country with lots of good offers and good life for foreigners.
      My visa is under process and I will love to know how I can secure a good job and also get a permanent residence in Malta or advice on how to extend my stay in Malta.
Thanks

Welcome to the Forum, without knowing what qualifications or work experience you have had
no one can really advise you, most jobs are offered firstly to Maltese, then EU nationals before TCN.
It's also worth bearing in mind that wages are low and housing expensive here.

Hi I am Italian and I moved in Malta 10 years ago, I met my actually wife into Tagged.
I am not sure exist still today, anyway we use to stay chatting for almost 2 months and then I decided to come during Christmas time in 2008, to meet her face to face. After that time the only thing I knew was that I couldn't live without her into my life, yes maybe I am the classic Italian that it is too romantic, sentimental, that think first with heart than with the mind, but I don't care, I always listened my heart, and I always made the right move, and in the moment I finally took the decision to begin a new life here in Malta with her.

Henrysunhen wrote:

Thanks

Without saying what qualifications you have nobody can advise you. However, you look for good offers and a good life for foreigners. What kind of offers do you expect? All those people who come from Africa  look for a better life, but without qualifications the chances are next to zero. Malta is a small country and does not allow foreigners to be welfare recipients. This means you need a job in advance before you even enter Malta. An alternative is you invest € 1 millions in this country. This means Euros and not Nairas.

Still waiting to update my status as living in malta ... Process going on ..

Henrysunhen wrote:

Thanks

Hello Henry. We welcome you in Malta although it's a small island but have many attractions hope you will like the plesent atmosphere of Malta.

Best Wishies,

Mohammad

Hello.

I will move to Malta at the beginning of 2020.

I try to prepare everything and understand how to do it.

I want to apply for self-sufficient economic status, I practice financial activities on the Internet.

The two subjects I have to dig up are to do a good job of finding a place to live and to ask for the self-sufficient statiut, to understand all the steps before, during and after to be in compliance with the rules.

I hope to see you soon.

hanselmar wrote:
Tasmara wrote:

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. Malta is even higher populated than the Netherlands by sqkm. People who like diving and also plenty other people around will be happy in Malta. The whole of Malta is just like a big city. I live in Gozo which is the backyard of Malta and called the village. In between we have Comino, a place where people can walk in peace. One thing all three maltese islands have in common. We have no forest. Therefore you need a TV to see how a forest looks like after moving to Malta. However, for divers Malta is a nice place, because we have plenty water around, often much deeper than the waters off the dutch coast and of course our weather is more reliable.

Can confirm the need for greenery..

You do miss it if you move here, but do find other things to do to keep you sane :-)

My name is Katy Andrews, I am thinking about a move to Malta in the next 12 months.

I am a freelancer with my own Recruitment business and my husband is a Head Chef or can also work to Sous Chef level.

We are not sure which area we want to set up roots in Malta as we have only travelled around a few parts.

I am happy to hear anyone's advice or things to think about.

Katy

Hi have you found a job in Malta ?

Julien wrote:

Hi all,

Newbie on the Malta forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Malta if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

I would like to come in Malta for my better future also I would like to get a job in Malta any kind of job

Hi Berend, nice to meet you. I am new to Malta as well. What part of the island are you living in? I'd be happy to meet up sometime.

i am finding any kinds of job.can u arrange for me malta work permit or job offer letter also sponsor.

Hi, Hola, Ciao

This is Yan from Argentina, spanish teacher and Yoga teacher, living in india. With plans to moove to Malta and try little luck.  And make News friends. Im vegan and i was traveling for 4 years, around the world. I hope found a nice Job there, because the people i meet from there are super nice. :D

You may find it is not that easy!
To move here you will need a job and a work permit, you need to find a job first and then your prospective employer applies for a permit for you.

Hi everyone,

I am new in the forum and just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Maria and I am currently living in the UK (originally from Portugal). Me and my partner will (very) soon move to Malta due to my job but also because we decided it was time for a new adventure 🙂

It will not be easy as we have a dog, a cat plus 2 motorcycles that we will be taking with us but your forum has helped by answering a lot of our questions. We are very excited. I will definitely miss the UK but at the same time cannot wait to see the sun again 😁

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=880475

Thanks!

Closed