New members of the Indonesia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Scooter. A nice one will cost you about Rp20 million to buy.
License to ride a scooter - Off to the main cop shop in your area.

Working - Difficult
Working remotely - Hardly likely to be a problem as long as you tell everyone your cash comes from pensions, investment, or whatever.

Internet - Easy if it's just emails and browsing. Not always easy for streaming depending on where you live.

Renting a place - Easy, but shop around so you don't get ripped off.

What are you going to do for a visa?

Running a local business.
You have to set up a PT PMA. Google has all the details but it makes the visa easy.

Hey, thats good im sure you will enjoy it. I did when I was there. I too am looking to come there but in reverse. Im trying to get my agency started up now (Digital marketing/consulting). I want to come back for good.

I too am interested in stocks and looking for others that share the interest. Its a serious income generating skill that can go a long way.

Interesting, What does those acronyms stand for? I will look it up just in case I want to advertise to local businesses there that need digital help.

JJ3040 wrote:

Interesting, What does those acronyms stand for? I will look it up just in case I want to advertise to local businesses there that need digital help.

Any Indonesian based entity that works with local business means you must set up a PT PMA, and that means a lot of set up costs and rules.

Ok, does that include digital work as well?

JJ3040 wrote:

Ok, does that include digital work as well?

Remote working - Who would know and, unless you tread on local toes, who would care?
You're spending, but not taking from locals so, much as any work should require a work permit, nobody will care.

The moment you deal with local business, that changes.

Yeah, thought so, since I haven't been back in forever, I just wanted to consult with the expert here.

Thanks

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=880446

Thanks!

Closed