New members of the Indonesia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the Indonesia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Indonesia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Originally from Glasgow. Moved to Indonesia for work 2018, loved it so have decided to stay. I enjoy getting to different areas at weekends when work allows. Love the restaurants and busy bars and malls.
Have settled for now in Kemang area. I'd love to be able to get back into flying small aircraft as a hobby if there is a club around.
Looking forward to many more years in this great country.

Hi, and welcome to the forum. There are flying schools around but I have no idea if they are open to foreigners.

Ah I am Indonesian. Been an expat to UK a few years. Now settled back in Indonesia. Trying to go back to UK to work. :) No luck till present. However, indeed Indonesia is nice, that is why I am stuck in a moment and can't get out of it. :)
Looking for friends and networking to expand my horizon and maybe some business.

Hello ,
I am Keny. I have been staying to Indonesia for four months now. I love Indonesia and love to stay here for years now. I also love the humbleness of people here.  I have been searching for the job from the day I came here. I have also sent my resume to so many job offers but I have not received any response. Can someone please help me how can I apply for the job. I am a software engineer with working experience of 3 years.  Is there any university for Masters which teach completely in English ? Or any job recruitment agency ? Looking forward to get a help.
Thank you so much

Hi Keny
Welcome to the expat community
Applying for jobs direct within Indonesia you’ll probably have zero chance at best
I would advise to look at the large international companies either based here or within singapore, malaysia, USA, Australia, China and Europe, you will have a better chance to be honest
They are many established international companies who do hire expats in certain jobs over local experience but are few and far between, IT engineers I can’t comment but I would advise to research fabrication/ oils and gas fabrication within south east Asia for a starter especially with international companies

Hello Gwmeath,
Thank you so much for your help. Really appreciate it. I will look into large International Companies.  Thank you once again.

Of course. In Jakarta, You can go to Universitas Indonesia or BINUS University. They have an international program that is completely in English.  Just check their website

Thank you so much

Will be coming back to Jakarta this month after I get my kitas 😊😊

Heyy,

I have just joined to get some healthcare intel as currently wanting. Hopefully someone's out here with some good know how.

Have just spent a good while over here and have loved it. Well in Indonesia.

Hello and many thanks,

Juhones :)

Any idea how long on average it will take to get a telex to Singapore after the ministry of manpower approval?

Thanks.

Hi, I’m Sarimah from Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. I’m here for work and really love the country. Culture and the Bahasa quite similar but sometime can be different meaning.
I am here to get connected to new friend and to network . Thank you