New members of the Albania forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hi all,

Newbie on the Albania forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Albania if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Zaher Ahmed
Muslim
Syrian in Qatar and Albania
MA in English & Audiovisual Translation
I like and respect Albanian people so much. Everything goes well when I am there.
My experience in Tirana is so great. Simple life, and easy going people.
I like to have as many friends as I can there.
Regards

Interesting country

Moderated by Priscilla 4 years ago
Reason : please post in english only on this english speaking forum

Hello. My name is Alban, I am Albanian born and bred. Recently join this site as I am looking to move abroad and every little tip helps.

Hi Friends,

My name is Joshua and I am planning on moving to Albania within the next couple of years.

I'm a board game publisher, who loves to travel, meet people, and eat the local cuisine (wherever I am)!

I am an American who has traveled to UK, France, Germany, Belgium, Czech Republic, and Singapore. And I have lived in the US, Netherlands, and China.

I have actually never been to Albania but what I have read and see online has really captured my heart and my imagination. My wife and I will be visiting in the spring to get a sense of where we might want to live and then planning to relocate maybe a year after that.

I can do my work from anywhere in the world so I will continue developing my indie studio while also working for other publishers for steady income.

I want to live near the ocean in a place that has some expat community and decent internet.
My first choices right now are Durres and Sarande.

Do you think those are good choices?
Anywhere I should consider that's not on the list?
Any reason one of those shouldn't be?

I'd love to start getting to know expats who presently live in Albania or those who are planning to relocate like me.

Looking forward to chatting with some folks on here soon.

Josh

Ithink Durres is better,because Is near Tirane and is full with people from all over the world

Hi Marinel,

Thanks for the tip.
Is that where you are located?
Are you an Expat or Albanian?

I am born in Lushnjeand live here,have an apartment in Durres,and am continuing my studies in Tirana.I am Albanian

Hi Marinel,

Great! I would love to connect and chat with you more. If you want to add each other on something like whatsapp or facebook let me know.

I plan on coming to Durres this June. It would be great to meet up for a coffee.

Josh

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=880360

Thanks!

Closed