New members of the Albania forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Hi all,

Newbie on the Albania forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Albania if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi Y'all after 40 plus years in Texas it is time to retire, i am Turkish / American and considering settling in Albania even some other Balkan country as long as it is in close proximity to Turkey,  Montenegro is the other option. This spring I will be visiting / exploring  Albania and the region to see if I can make it there. I am still gainfully employed and will continue to work, I am in IT so work  very much can be done remotely. Any guidance would be very much appreciated
Thanks is advance.
Cihan

Hi, I live in Italy and I am an IT technician and in charge of environmental safety and fire prevention, I am considering moving with my family to Albania, I evaluate proposals.

Hi.I think you will love albania.

I wanted to work abroad that's why I am here so that I can get a relevant job.
I have prior experience in the hotel industry and would like to get a job in the same.

@Julien 

Hello. Good day. I am MD ZIAUL ISLAM, citizen of Bangladesh. I have been running my restaurant business in Bangkok Thailand since 2010.

I am very much interested to open up a Restaurant in Tirana,  Albania .

According to Business visa (  D visa) requirements I need an invitation letter from a host in Albania. I am do not know anybody in Albania. 

Does anybody know that instead of invitation letter may I submit Hotel reservation or Apartment contract? 

I would be highly appreciated if someone please let me know. 

Have a wonderful day 

@cihanUSA hi there are a growing number of digital nomads as the IT sector expands here. There are a few Turkish and Italian companies aparently.  If you have a work contrct then residency is not a problem although your US status is a benefit. Food wise Albania has many Turkish influences and there are a few Turkissh style places in and around the Kalaja in Tirana.
I would advise a trip to get some ideas. There are facebook groups for expats which are diverse and welcoming. Albania is a very welcoming place and I joke that if you stay more than 10 days you will never completly leave. My instict is that the opportunities are growing here and you may want to consider Kosovo or Montenegro.

سلام من محمد هستم از ایران I want to find a job in Albania. My main job is a municipal sweeper with fourteen years of work experience I hope you can help me in this regard. Thank you very much for your cooperation

Hi nimoh1347,
I highly respect your skillfulness as a municipal sweeper unfortunately, there will be many native Albanians that can do the same work and if this is the only principal activity in your life that you do to earn money It can be almost, impossible for an expat to get hired for this line of work.

Hello, All!

I am considering Albania as a retirement home and looking to relocate within the next three years. Hope to gain more insight and information about the country, the people, etc. so I am better prepared when making my exploratory trips to this wonderful country.

I am very excited about the history of the country, as history is a great love of mine! I understand that there are many historical sites to be found in the country. The areas that I am currently looking at ar Tirana, Vlore, Durres and hoping that further knowledge of the different areas can help me decide where to start my search for a new home.

I would love to volunteer with animal rescues or possibly help teach English, if the opportunity presents. So glad to be here!

Welcome on board whatevernhd1,

I hope that you will find all information you need on the forum.

Should you need any info or if you just want to interact with members feel free to open a new topic on the Albania forum.

All the best,

Bhavna

@Bhavna Beeing for 40 plus years in Nice côte d'azur, i am deciding in settling in Tirana in the coming spring.

I will be visiting to look for a permanent accomodation, as a studio, 1 bedroom flat 150/250 p/m.

Tirana and the suburb erea. I am in retirement but will continue to work, I am in IT developer in communication VoIP so work  very much can be done remotely.

With my anticipated thanks. Regards Alain. Mady

Any help or flat sharing would be very much appreciated.

With my anticipated Thanks. [link under review]

@Julien

Beeing for 40 years in Nice côte d'azur, i am now deciding to settling in Tirana in the coming spring.

I will be visiting to look for a permanent accomodation, like a studio or, 1 bedroom flat 150/250 p/month.

Tirana and the suburb erea. I am in my retirement but will continue to work, I am in IT developper in communication VoIP so work very much can be done remotely.

Any help or flat sharing would be very appreciated.

With my anticipated Thanks.

@Julien

Happy Holidays to all! Dina and I are retiring, currently based in Hot Springs, Arkansas. We're seriously considering Albania for our retirement home. Having lived and taught Rescue and Recovery and scuba diving for 30+ years, somewhere close to salt water is our preference. We're not great fans of large metropolitan areas so possibly Vlore away from downtown or somewhere similar. Our plan is to spend a month or so, sometime in the next 3 months, exploring the area and finding a long term rental (one bedroom furnished near water). We aren't on any social media but would like to correspond with locals and expats for advice and friendship. If any of you out there can help, best way to reach us is either through this forum or by email: [***]. We are looking forward to getting acquainted!

Best wishes,

Russ and Dina

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello Russ and Dina,

Welcome on board !

Feel free to open your own topic on the Albania forum whilst asking some precise questions to members, they will surely guide you.

all the best,

Bhavna

Hi Russcon.

You are welcome.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1013087

Thanks!

Closed