Prepaid Electric Meter

Hello all,
Hoping your time in Cairo is going well.
I've not had any major problems just adjustments I've had to make. Nothing new, right?
I'm a westerner going with the flow but I do need to understand some things.
PLEASE!!!!
So, I have a prepaid electric meter. Of course you get no user information at the start. You must gather your own Information. The locals are often so impatient to explain a lot. I'm beginning to believe they know little more than me when it comes to these meters.
Prices are going up and up. I don't know how they're keeping up.
I'm trying to work inside of a budget but I must know some ground rules. Unfortunately I don't know the questions to ask you.
Can someone post what they know about the usage of the meters. Kilowatt usage especially.
I'm so sorry for being so vague. I really hope to be more specific with my questions once I get some feedback. I will continue to seek other sources.

I am not sure what exactly is your question? But if you are wondering the rabidly increase of electricity prices at the same consumption level then you gotta be aware of the economical plan of Sisi which is based on setting the governmental aid to zero value and that was in applying phase since 2016 . And we are expecting another increasment at July .

nshakir314 wrote:

Can someone post what they know about the usage of the meters. Kilowatt usage especially.
I'm so sorry for being so vague. I really hope to be more specific with my questions once I get some feedback. I will continue to seek other sources.

If it's prepaid, I think the minimum amount to charge is 20EGP? (given today's 17.70 rate that's about $1.13). The average range is 1kWh=4.24EGP.
This may help you understand how electric meters work http://elnoorgeh.com/?p=286

Thank you so very much for your responses. Yes, I'm aware of the scheduled increase so I must make the adjustment and I will definitely read the link posted.