What is needed to move from the states to the philippines?

what is needed to move from the states to the philippines?
i am giving a lot of thought to moving there.
what is required to live there?

Your question does not pose much detail, so to be able to answer it directly the answer is:  Money, and an open mind.

Other than that you can live here.  How you live and what sort of visa you have here is up to you.

The short answer, money and the patience of Job. :)

Have you ever been here in the Philippines? Best to make a few trips first, you will know you're not in Kansas anymore, for better and worse.

well i have an open mind
i am retired/disabled military
guess what i am asking is do i have to transfer my pension to a bank there?
what type of visa would i need to live there as a single person?
thats all i have for now.

ive not been to the Philippines and i know its not the same but ive been to S. Korea was stationed there while in the army in the late 80s.

There are many visa options, starting with tourist visas and extensions onto those, which is what I use, since I travel outside the Philippines a lot. There are also longer term visas such as 6 month, an SRRV retirement visa, and even retired military visas. Here is a link to the Philippines Retirement Authority SRRV info page:

https://pra.gov.ph/srrv/

I suggest you also do a search on the forum home page - set it for the past month - many threads that will give you an idea of available options. The best option will probably be to come here on a tourist visa to start with, and check the place out. It is quite different than South Korea in many aspects of the climate, culture, and economic development level, although that may have been similar in the 80's..

thank you for the information. is there a site for the retired military visa? i didnt see anything on it.
im planning a couple trips before i decide if i want to move there or not. first trip will be in May this year if all goes right on my end.

There is a forum thread right below this one titled "SRRV and residency requirements" - please read it, specifically the excellent post by Calif-Native. Use the search function for more info, or google.

Thinking about moving here? First get a letter from a psychiatrist proving your nuts, then you can move here.

already got that letter. HA HA

Good question bjwiggins about transferring your pension. I don't know your details so let me tell you what I did...

I receive social security payments each month as well as a reasonable (not large) sum from a family trust. I get both deposits directly into my US bank account. There is NO need to open a Filipino bank account. Why? I can use my US bank's ATM card anywhere in the Philippines or any other country for direct purchases at restaurants, stores etc. the same as I would if I were back in the US. Just be sure to call up your bank and tell them ahead of time you are going. You can also withdraw Filipino pesos from you US bank ATM card for daily spending.

What about those ATM fees and currency conversion fees? No problem as they are ALL returned and deposited back into my account... but not my US bank account, but a Charles Schwab account I opened online. They will send you an ATM card to use internationally. You just transfer the amount from your US bank account into it (as much as you want) and it takes a few days to complete. Now, just use your new Charles Schwab card in the Philippines in restaurants, stores or wherever, even withdraw Filipino pesos from any ATM and you're good to go? Replenish your C.S. account as needed.

You always have your original US bank's ATM card for backup if needed, but no returned fees on that one, unless they have a special policy of doing so for their international travelers. I hope this helped. The Philippines is a wonderful land with amazingly friendly and gracious people.

I will be there on Bohol May and June with my Filipina wife, I plan to apply for a extension of my 30 day visa, because I am married to a Filipina, then I will apply for my 13 A visa

you hit the nail right on the head

A lot of Expats will tell you not to buy property or get married until you live there for 2 years. Move around to check out different areas. Talk to expats in person and on Facebook etc.. Keep your mind open and don't reveal any finances other than minimum required 1000 USD per month . Gold diggers and scam artists galore and your a walking  ATM weather you know it or not. Americans are rich , all of them. Skin tax is for real so get a Filipino friend to negotiate or ask prices for you, don't show face till deal is done.

What do you already have?

Is it possible to get the SSR for retired officers if you retired as enlisted?