Shipping "stuff" from usa to the philippines.

has anyone found a cheap way to do this? What i an interested in shipping are "things" like tools, maybe some small pieces of furniture. I live in Hong Kong and spend summer time in the PHilippines where my wife and i have a house. but there are some things i would like to have there instead of a storage locker in the USA. I'm not sure if i will ultimately move to the Philippines, but at least in the mean timeI would like to move some things there. And of course it would be nice if not so darn expensive to ship things to the Philippines. If that what it is, well then ok I will have to deal with it.

What i do now is order stuff using Amazon to Hong Kong then ship to the Philippines......very cheap that way. But not everything can fit into the HK boxes that go to the Philippines.......or sometimes just need to send something small.

Anyway, would be appreciated if someone has this shipping "stuff" figured out. Thanks.

The obvious thing is to buy on amazon usa and get them to ship direct to the Philippines.  I am a UK national married to a philipino and that is exactly what I do.

ok, do they offer free shipping to the Philippines? To Hong Kong is you spend more than USD49 the shipping is free.

Send a Balikbayan box

sorry Georges i have no idea what a Balikbayan box is.  The thing i am trying to figure out is how to ship/mail anything from the USA  or Hong Kong to the Philippines.

@stuleer ask your wife about balikbayan boxes. She knows what it is as all Filipinos know. Or search the web. You will get the appropriate answer in correct English. Better than any explanation from me.

For letters proceed the way I do. I changed my address and I am now officially at a friend address where I receive all my mail. He scans these mails and send them to me using WhatsApp.

For me y I use REMITLY which is from far the cheapest way to Xfer money to the Phils.

Good luck

Balikbayan box 24 x 24 x 18 for $105 with Forex. I sent over 20 boxes here in 2021 and a box every 9 months since.

From what I understand they also 'sail' through Philippine customs without any checks saving on import taxes.

Lotus Eater said . . . .From what I understand they also 'sail' through Philippine customs without any checks saving on import taxes.

Yup . . . Before moving to the Philippines I sent many balikbayan boxes, with illegal stuff (not knowing it was illegal).

In the states balikbayan forwarders collect boxes from all over the country, they just don't ship one box, but maybe hundreds or even thousands before the holidays. Now that's just one company and there are other companies too.

Further down stream (other companies) are doing the same thing, not just from the states. Thousands and thousands of boxes cause a massive torrent with no place to go except delivery.

Moon Dog is probably the most prolific balikbayan shipper and could give you pointers and advice.