I need a real estate agent, cabo rojo area

I'm looking for a real estate agent local to the cabo rojo area. good references required.

Real estate agents here arent like they are in the states.  It takes them weeks to get back to you if they even get back to you
Realtors dont own a listing like in the states , its a free for all.  Have you try driving around to the areas you are interested in pr the puerto rico classifies?

You gotta go there and drive/ walk around and talk to the local folks.

Using / getting a realtor is a relationship. A lot of realtors will not give a mainlander the time of the day because they come for a few days and go without purchasing and then disappear for several months only to come back and deal with a different realtor.

If you want to buy a place in PR, you will be better served by renting a place for 6 months to 1 year while you look for the perfect property.

Also buying a property in an area you do not know is a very expensive mistake. Until you live in the island for a while you do not really know how well or bad a particular area is.

Also people coming to buy in a rush usually end up overpaying for the property by large percentage of money (20-40%). If you ever want to sell the property at a later date, likely you will loose a lot of money, there are few buyers and plenty of homes in the market so selling can take years even after massive discounts.

You can contact Eddie N*** cell phone ***, well known realtor in Cabo Rojo area. He helped my family and I purchase our retirement home this past July 2018. Smooth, honest & efficient service provided by him.

I am originally from Puerto Rico but grew up in NYC with summers spent in PR. I did my home search from the states using clasificados site, contacted a few realtors, planned a long weekend trip to Puerto Rico with confirmed appointment dates and times to see my list of the top properties in my search. Saw 9 properties in one day, a few others the next days and ended up purchasing the first property I viewed. The process did take a couple of months to finalize transaction.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please recommend in the business directory or share the names/contact details through the private messaging system of the website. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

A good agent is hard to find because they don't want to waste time showing to people just visiting.
We found one exception. Eddie at ***. We found a really nice house in a great neighborhood near the beach. Too bad it is too large for us. Looking to downsize now.
Good luck.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct