Buying Jeans in Vung Tau

Where can I buy size 38 jeans in Vung Tau?

I've tried the big supermarkets (eg. Lotte, Co-op) and some shops in the malls where they are located. No luck. Only have size 36. Even then, only a limited range.

Any ideas? (other than travel to Saigon)

Size 38 and over is not popular size in Vietnamese as their physique is smaller. I tried to buy shoe of size 8 or 9 was also not available

akvap2013 wrote:

Size 38 and over is not popular size in Vietnamese as their physique is smaller. I tried to buy shoe of size 8 or 9 was also not available

Ok you. thanks.

I tried 2 shops on  Trương Công Định, Phường 8 near Ba Cu. They only had up to size 34. Tried 2 pairs. Both too small.

Then headed towards Ba Cu street and tried a shop called Shop Bao Chau, 256 Ba Cu (near pizza hut). Shop assitant gave me a size 34.

Tried it and it was the correct size. Also nice and baggy at the thighs (the way I like).

Price was 260k Dongs.

HenryJo wrote:

Then headed towards Ba Cu street and tried a shop called Shop Bao Chau, 256 Ba Cu (near pizza hut). Shop assitant gave me a size 34.

Tried it and it was the correct size. Also nice and baggy at the thighs (the way I like).

Price was 260k Dongs.

Do you mean size 34 at Bao Chau fits you even though you needed size 38?

At the intersection of Le Hong Phong and Nam Ky Khoi Nghia (bus station street), where there's a Lotteria on the corner, across from the Lotteria and to the left of Beefsteak Only is a shop called Shop Anh Thu at 246 Nam Kỳ Khởi Nghĩa,

Search for that name "Shop Anh Thu" if you're on facebook; the info is all in VNese though.

Anyway, they may have your size in stock. I have bought boxer shorts and a shirt there but not jeans, which are a bit heavy for the tropics.

Ciambella wrote:
HenryJo wrote:

Price was 260k Dongs.

Do you mean size 34 at Bao Chau fits you even though you needed size 38?

The size 36 jeans I tried at Lotte and Co-op were too tight. THats how come I was asking after size 38.

The jeans I bought from Bao Chau say's 34/34 on the label and it fits.