Import or Gourmet supermarket

I am going to move to VT inapprox. 6 weeks from now, currently staying in HCMC. My wife is already concerned that she has to go to HCMC every 2 weeks in order to buy imported groceries or gourmet product like untreated nuts for baking, baking ingredients, creamchese etc...
Has anyone an idea if one can get products like this in VT or at least in Ba Ria?
Thanks!

Yes, you can find these items in vung tau at 2 markets

Thanks Don ... long time no hear ;-) Can you please give me the details about these 2 markets, since we'll be most probably going down this weekend for house hunting.

Hi Normen,

I live in Saigon, just sometime went Vung Tau for enjoy the beach. Once time i stayed in Imperial Vũng Tàu Hotel- 159 Thùy Vân  Tp. Vũng Tàu. I saw have the small shopping center beside that hotel. You can take a look, maybe you wife can find something there.

Yuli

Yes, that is one of the markets. The other is called Linh Phuong market on Tran  Hung Dao street near corner with Bacu street

Thanks guys, will try those 2 the next time I'll be in VT. Btw, another question:
Is METRO cash & carry in VT? I have seen they show the market on their website, but cannot locate it in google nor did I see it on the way into VT?

Yes, it is here but not in the city center

even better, have to check that as well ... busy trip next time. hope they also have the imported beef fillet like in hcmc

Normen wrote:

even better, have to check that as well ... busy trip next time. hope they also have the imported beef fillet like in hcmc

I also love the imported beef fillet in Metro.

Found whole wheat pasta in a store today in VT

K&B Mart
02 Tran Hung Dao

Around corner from Lan Rung restaurant and across street from Good Morning Vietnam

Just about everything in there is about double the normal price but I have bought some of the children's medicine.

Just saw your post.  Im new to HCM  where does she go for Deli items in HCM.  Is there a gourmet supermarket?

NHU LAN BAKERY & RESTAURANT
50 & 64-68 Ham Nghi
Phuong Ben Nghe
District 1
Ho Chi Minh City, 710157
GPS: 10.771010,106.703980

Nhu Lan is next to the Financial Centre Highrise - you can see it from all around the city.

They have their own meat processing plant on Hai Ba Trung - quality is extremely high, food fresh, and the prices reasonable. They carry a range of products and the freshest baked goods.

There is another, more Western style, store Annam. They have several stores around HCM.

Hello posters,

Are there any changes or updates to this thread?

Are the two import markets mention still around, are there any new grocery import stores in VT?

Thx…

Linh Phuong market is still on Tran Hung Dao Street near the corner with Ba Cu Street.

There is also the shop associated with Belly's Watering Hole, which has moved to a new location across from Belly's just off Phan Chu Trình. It also has a new name, which I think is Q-Mart.

In addition, Lotte Mart and MM Mega Market are supermarkets, and Family Mart, Circle K and Vin Mart are convenience stores with numerous locations.

Hi Johnross23,

Thank you for the information, I did bump into Q-Mart and it is quite helpful. I'll checkout the Linh Phuong market this afternoon.

Open question... Coconut oil was widely available in Thailand, we have't seen any here in VT yet. Appreciate any suggestions.

Hi Johnross23,

Great lead, found coconut oil and a whole lot more... Great store in VT.

Thai_FX wrote:

Hi Johnross23,

Thank you for the information, I did bump into Q-Mart and it is quite helpful. I'll checkout the Linh Phuong market this afternoon.

Open question... Coconut oil was widely available in Thailand, we have't seen any here in VT yet. Appreciate any suggestions.

When did the supermarket move across from Belly's Bar?

About a week or two ago, I guess. This is the little shop/grocery store that was located beside the most recent previous Belly's location that got torn down where the road-widening is underway, not the supermarket. It was named "Family Minimart" but everyone called it "Belly's shop". It's quite similar to Linh Phuong.

Anyway, they're on the side road just off Phan Chu Trình now.

Normen wrote:

Is METRO cash & carry in VT? I have seen they show the market on their website, but cannot locate it in google nor did I see it on the way into VT?

VungTauDon wrote:

Yes, it is here but not in the city center

METRO is now Mega Market:

Google Maps link

However, It doesn't appear on the GRAB rideshare app

To book a GRAB ride to Mega Market in Bà Rịa - Vũng Tàu, choose the Commonwealth Bank ATM location at Mega Market:

GRAB lists it as:

ATM COMMONWEALTH BANK - Metro