Living in lourinha

Hello my name is Clara
With my partner we are thinking on moving to lourinha soon, at the moment we are staying in Bombarral.
I speak French and Portuguese and my partner only speaks English, he is looking to work as a handyman or builder, does anyone know if there are any English speaking building companies in the area? Or any expats who need some work to be done.
We are also looking to meet with other expats that could share with us their experiences.
Looking forward to your message.
Thank you

Hi Clara,my husband is from Aveiras de Cima we have visited Peniche a few times,we know Portugal well.We live in Algarve but travel up often,my husband is a retired welder we plan to renovate a cabin in a vineyard, good luck northern Portugal english speaking is better with younger students in school,Algarve has more english business, they need handy men to renovate we could meet if you like.Karen

Hi Karen
Thank you for your message, it will be nice to meet, let me know when you are coming up here and we can go for a drink.
Thank you
Clara

Hi I'm a painter decorator probably not the most wanted job in Portugal but I'm semi retired now and I'm looking for an alternative place to live like caldas da rainha most property seems reasonable price away from algarve, Lisboa. Just wondering how lonely it would be for one person ? With nothing to do only garden would like others to join to do gardening

Hi Clara,did you move to Lourinha,how is life? We continue to renovate our cabin close to Cartaxo.We love the Algarve and the weather here in Portimao and plan to rent out in summer to live in the cabin/travel.

bonjour,

j'habite la région de Caldas et croyez-moi les peintres ne chôment pas, beaucoup d'expat' étant pensionnés ne font plus eux-mêmes les travaux de peinture...et j'en fais partie...déjà assez avec le jardin.
bonne chance.
Si vous cherchez des rencontres nouvelles,on peut se faire un petit coucou.

Bonjour,we are in Aveiras de Cima Feb 23 to work on Cottage in Vineyard ,want to meet?Karen/Jose

I am fascinated by the idea of a 'cottage in the vineyard' .  LOL

Please provide more details  -  maybe photos ?   

Costs ?

Hi, this is a old 2 room farm shed that will look very cool when done will send pic when completed this spring.How is work and life for you ,still in Lourinha?
Met nice couple from Toronto living in Faro,I can relate with them they tour around the country like us
sUNNURSE.

Hi Clara,
I have a couple of houses near Bombarral...I'm looking for a builder ...

loulou20 wrote:

bonjour,

j'habite la région de Caldas et croyez-moi les peintres ne chôment pas, beaucoup d'expat' étant pensionnés ne font plus eux-mêmes les travaux de peinture...et j'en fais partie...déjà assez avec le jardin.
bonne chance.
Si vous cherchez des rencontres nouvelles,on peut se faire un petit coucou.

Bonjour Loulou !
Je m'appelle Catou et avec mon mari Peter (anglais) nous aimerions louer une petite maison meublée dans la région de Caldas / Santarem pour 6 mois à partir de juin. Vu que vous habitez la région, si vous connaissez quelqu'un qui a une maison à louer (avec petit jardin si possible...), merci de me renseigner.

Hello
Yes we have been living in Lourinha for 2 years now. If it is OK with you,please give me your phone number and  I can ask my husband to give you a call and you can talk to him about the work to be done and he can go to your place to look at it.
Thank you
Clara

CatouDaw wrote:

Bonjour Loulou !
Je m'appelle Catou et avec mon mari Peter (anglais) nous aimerions louer une petite maison meublée dans la région de Caldas / Santarem pour 6 mois à partir de juin. Vu que vous habitez la région, si vous connaissez quelqu'un qui a une maison à louer (avec petit jardin si possible...), merci de me renseigner.

Hi Catou, Welcome/Bienvenue :)

Rent house (Louer):

Please check this link "Real State Agencies/Websites/Portals in Portugal" I've posted here:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=904388

Choose one portal/website.
Eg:   Idealista   
(english version)   https://www.idealista.pt/en/
(french version)     https://www.idealista.pt/fr/

- Choose Rent/Louer
- Choose Draw your own search area on the map/Dessiner votre zone de recherche
- Draw in the map the area you want to live in/Dessiner votre zone
- Click at the message bellow the screen that shows the searching result:  "See the nnn houses"
- You can apply a filter e.g. Only house, only houses with garden, ...
- Sort by Relevance / Lowest Price / Most recent / ....
- Click in each house to see photos, details, ...
____

Vous pouvez également consulter le forum en français:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=4384

Best regards