Commuting from Bahrein to Saudi every day!

Hi! My company offers moving to Bahrein with my wife and 2 daughters but I will be working on Saudi (Damman 2nd Industrial City). I would like to know the forum´s opinion about commuting every day from Barhein to saudi. Thanks in advance!

Good luck with that. Lots of people do that but it is frustrating at times. Sometimes with traffic, if you hit causeway at wrong time, it's easily a 2 hour crossing.

This is an exception or this is very common?

You mean the delays?

Depending on your luck and timings, it can be very normal.   To cross in a decent time i.e. 30-45 minutes, you need to hit the causeway between 330 and 430.  Before and after that, you will be delayed due to the school and office crowds.  Also, weekends are bad, especially in the first 2 weeks of the month after payday and on public holidays.

I do this every week but once a week since I work in Riyadh.  I hit the causeway on Thursday around 8-9 pm and if I leave early, around 6-7 pm.  I have had experiences of clearing it between 30 minutes to 4 hours (once only thankfully).

I know people who are doing it everyday but then again, I also know people who stopped doing it as it was too tiring and stressful.   If you decide to do it, make sure that you live close to causeway in Bahrain - best option is Hamala.

Read this  thread, it has some discussion on the causeway delays.  Another member has commented on the best times to cross which co-relates to what I have said above.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=765888

Thanks!

Hi,
I think the celebrations are over at present, till the valentine 14 Feb.

Apart from any special events, the King Fahad Causeway is very eary to cross.
The best time to leave Bahrain through the CWay is early morning ... and early evening to enter..
If you are going to enter after 7pm, you would face some rush passing.

There is now an app which gives you live status on both sides of the causeway. That would help you in many ways...

Cheers

It's not celebrations. Its Saudi school holidays coinciding with new year and payday. This rush will probably last the whole week. And it's really bad despite the relaxation by Bahrain government on Saudi citizens not having to follow border procedures.

The official app is KCFA which shows times and live cameras. The unofficial one which most people use is zahma o la which only shows times based on actual times taken by travellers.

Thanks

Hi XTang,

for the update on the Apps,, i hope many can use those apps to ease their travel.

Cheers