Query

Hi good day! Hope you can help.

I came here in oman way back july of 2018 as a tourist on my expense. And i was able to find job on the succeeding month. Now im almost 5 months working in this newly open cafe in Saham. Within this 5 months they did not give me day off even once. Some of my coworkers already leve because of this. Luckily they were not given working visa. Only me.

Now i wanted to resign and leave this cafe because they even give my salary very late. And im pretty sure my boss wil not give me NOC because he is not good. But i didnt sign any contract.

What i am afraid of is that. Maybe they will send me back to the Philippines and i dont want that to happen.

Please help me🙏🙏🙏

Hi Equinox23,

From your post, it appears as though you have accepted to work without an offer letter or a proper employment contract. That is a mistake both from your side and from your employer's side, for not following the norms of employment.

What it also means is that your employer can now define the terms of your employment as it suits their convenience. And you can do nothing about it since you have not insisted on your job description, salary, payment terms, leave details, perks, resignation policies and procedures and the others terms and conditions of your employment before starting to work. Therefore, your options, unfortunately, are limited.

The best thing for you to do would be to consult with your local embassy officials in Muscat and ask them to sort out the issues you are facing. In all likelihood, and as you are fearing, your return to your home country seems like the most possible outcome.

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please + register in the business directory