Net Income Germany

Hello everyone,

I'm new.

I'm looking for a new job in any EU country and at the moment I have only scheduled some job interviews.
One of the possibilities is to rellocate in Germany but at the question "What is you salary expectation?" I really don't know what to answer because I don't know Germany tax weight and the average salary for my profession.

I'm a software developer with 4-years experience and I saw that some job post offers 60K  per year.
Is this realistic?

Anyway I found many net salary calculators (brutto-netto-rechner.info, https://www.bbx.de/grossnet-wage-calculator-germany/ etc) but with same information I receive results also with big differences.

Just to have an idea; if for example I have a gross salary of 50K  per year, no church, married but not live with wife (first category?) how much will be my net monthly income?

Is there any software developer?

Thank you

These online calculators can give you only a first estimate of what your monthly take-home pay will be. The reality is more complicated than that - and what you after the yearly tax declaration get back or have to pay in addition is even more so. Thus I recommend either engaging a tax consultant, who can calculate (for a fee) your actual situation in all details - or budget for the worst possible case and count yourself lucky if in the end you have more.
All this, of course, has no influence on your market value, which you could find out by looking at salary surveys of your industry or profession. That again depends on so many personal details (not least how urgently the employer needs you and how well you negotiate), that we cannot really help much.
I can only say that €60k/year is above average for German employees.

Married couples in Germany have the option to make a joint income tax filing together - or individually.  If one partner doesn't work, then it is usually advantageous to file jointly. If both work and make good money then it usually doesn't make a big difference. But if your wife is working and paying tax in another country, then it gets complex. There are agreements between EU countries to avoid double taxation. Thus I suspect, but am not sure, that she would simply pay tax where she lives and you would have to file individually in Germany. But if she doesn't work, then you would save a lot of money if allowed to file jointly in Germany. I'm not sure if this is possible under the circumstances, so you should verify it with a tax advisor.

As far as figuring out normal salaries for your job you should use google. Only you know the specifics of your job qualifications and experience – and “software developer” is somewhat vague. To look for a job you will need to figure out which companies are likely to offer the fitting job – and then you can specifically search for what people at those positions and companies make. Such information is probably only publically available over situations where the companies have advertised looking for personnel.