Advice on Florinapolis?

Hello.  I will be traveling with my wife to Floripa for 2 weeks and would appreciate advise on save neighborhoods to get apartment and any useful information to make our moments a blissful and unforgettable experience. We love the beach as well. Thanks as I look forward to responses. Charles

We always stay in Campeche. Beautiful beach and condo type places. Great food
Enjoyed NYE last year and was crowed but nice. It is an out of the way drive from Florapa. If you like a more city type downtown would be a choice and closer to airport/

Lagoa da conceiçao is the best neighbourhood where I live, village party atmosphere and a huge lagoon, but you'll need to walk or bicycle to the beach as the traffic is jammed on peak season.....it's 4 km from Joqauina and Mole , two of the most beautiful beaches

You want to stay in Lagoa da Conceiçao

Thanks Texanbrazil and Stevefunk. I appreciate your response. I was considering either of Lagoa da Conceiçao, Ingleses, Conceiçao, Bara da  Lagoa and Canasvieiras which I consider vibrant areas in Floripa but then most available accommodation has been fully booked via Airbnb and few other hotel merchant apps. This is my current challenges.

Barra da Logoa is a nice spot, pretty quiet. Returned recently after good memories 15 years ago. Good beach and waves to learn to surf. Back packers learn to surf here. Pronto rent a Car is near by, good to have a car for a bit, really cheap. 4 or 5  nights is good here, great beach walking. Must try Anchova fish it is amazing. Restaurants are on beach. There is the oldest restaurant in town nearby which has been done up, nice community, someone will tell you. All walking distance. Forget talking lake boats to restaurants isolated on other side ie western side if lake, not worth it.

Steve funk is right Lagoa da Conceiçao is the hub of area for restaurants and bars. Is good for a few nights. Or just hire a car from one place. Depends on your interests and time.

It is good to have the option to drive. Check out Trip Advisor for things to d nearby etc. Been to north island areas, isolated and not very good and windy.

I'm not a huge fan of Barra da Lagoa I stayed there for a month in winter, everything was dead, the vibe is very local yokel fisherman types and a bit low brow, a lot of dope smoking hippies there, in summer it fills with young back packers who just want to get wasted and fairly trashy drinking vibe on the beach, lots of stray dogs narrow alleys and Piles of dog Cr*p , smelly. It's also a bit isolated and you can get trapped by traffic there on weekends and summer, hours in and out just sitting in the hot sun. There is some natural beauty there like the pools and beach but I found it a bit too low class ( And I'm not even into up market things, I like local spots fishing , the outdoors)
Lots of lost stoned people wondering around too.....Lagoa da conceição has a much better mix where you can hang out with fisherman, educated locals and expats all at the same time.

Thanks Jack for your kind words. I arrived Florianopolis safely and it's so beautiful here and wished not to go back. I love it here and it will please me to start a family here. I am considering what business to do to earn a living to support my family here in Florianopolis. Based on your experience and visits to Florianopolis, what part of the Island seem best for business and what kind of business will seem lucrative here ? I am trying to work out something while I am here. At the moment, restaurant sell but wish to have something different. Can you suggest and advice ? Thank you

Thanks Stevefunk for your response. I arrived Florianopolis safely and it's so beautiful here and wished not to go back. I love it here in Florianopolis, precisely in Lagoa da conscieico and it will please me to start a family here. I am considering what business to do to earn a living to support my family here in Florianopolis. Based on your experience and visits to Florianopolis, what part of the Island seem best for business and what kind of business will seem lucrative here ? I am trying to work out something while I am here. At the moment, restaurant sell but wish to have something different. Can you suggest and advice ? Thank you

Hey bud

I was considering living there, if I was to remain in Brazil. It's a safe place great for kids. Congratulations we are starting a family too! I find prices for property are rediculous for gringos! As a rule don't consider buying until after April quiet time, more power to you. Barter price start 30-40% lower always!

We are in Rio, and will return to Australia for the best of life to have our baby. Safest friendliest joint in the world, by a mile.

Brazil is difficult to make true friends with locals, perhaps Floripa is better than Rio, think so.

The favela element is everywhere in Brazil, which really drags the country down. Powers to be like it this way, so the community has concerns to occupy them while they continue to the corruption, it is at every level of government here.

Keep your family tight, all will be good in Floripa. I know a great chef there if you need, great woman with a kid, if you need. Car hire is one of the best businesses to have there I think.

Regards
Todd

I appreciate your words and advise. I will be needing all contact here should you have any. It will help me gain grounds, get the necessary first class  information to establish well here. Here is my WhatsApp (***)

Thank you

Charles

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Yeah money is a problem down here, I teach English online trying to start a tour company...

Yes you are right. It's a beautiful idea

Hi,
I am living in Florianopolis but I recommend you to start business in city centre. Where u staying are just for tourists activity places. It's too difficult to find right person with correct details and I suffered in it lot but thank God in everything. (Alhamdulillah). Gob bless

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : please post in the housing section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thanks. I will send you a private message.

Sounds great. At what cost monthly ? What's your terms of rental ?