Estrato 1 Girls

I'm curious what thoughts and/or experiences you all have had with girls at the different estrato levels. A breakdown with a few words about each level would be appreciated. That being said I know there are good people everywhere and we probably shouldn't categorize, generalize or stereotype a class of people based solely on where they live.

Now, my experience dating a girl that lives in an estrato 1 area north of Cali has been a little lackluster. She's a nice girl but I'm trying to get her to think about possibility of getting an education if we were to go the mile and stay together in the future. She seems more concerned about getting a quick job and is fine with borrowing from friends and family. It just doesn't seem like she has any drive to live for more than surviving day to day. I'm not sure if it's like that in most of Colombia out of necessity or what so I'm curious if goals and aspirations change as the estrato level rises.

There are good and bad people, ambitious and un-ambitious people, people of good character and people of bad character or lack of character, who live in all estratos.

The estrato system was designed not to place or rank individuals, but to rank neighborhoods as to their relative wealth and thus provide  some justification for providing subsidies to people living in lower estratos for their basic energy and water and sewer, and for charging more to people living in wealthier neighborhoods for the same services.  Sort of like charging a rich person $5 for a $3 loaf of bread but only $0.50 for the poor person.

Nevertheless people are often judged by the estrato they live in and although there are many many exceptions, the general stereotypes often hold true otherwise they would not persist.  You are liable to find lower class, less educated people in the lower estratos and more highly educated people with goals and future plans in the higher estratos.

You should also realize that the estratos are calculated differently in urban areas than in rural areas, so a comparison of an estrato 1 area in a city with an estrato 1 rural area may not be valid or very useful.

https://www.dane.gov.co/index.php/servi … log%C3%ADahttp://www.elnuevodia.com.co/nuevodia/e … el-estrato

The bottom line is as you have suggested:  There are people poor in spirit and rich in spirit, no matter what material possessions or advantages or disadvantages in life they may have.  But like Pearl Bailey replied when asked what she thought about money, “Honey I've been rich and I've been poor and honey, being rich is better."

I'm in agreement with both views, especially that estrato isn't a good determinant of ambition or character. I know four young females in Cali. One a college graduate and the others high school graduates. Two work hard and two wait for others to provide for them. All four were raised in the same neighborhood but their home lives were quite different. Not surprisingly, the two who wait for others to do for them were raised in the same house but separated in age by eight years.

Thank you, this is very good information. I had no idea how the system worked and this dispels some of my earlier held beliefs.

jaja this site is getting a wee bit risque...

Pushing the limits..

Watch out her Mozo doesnt pop in on you on his moto with a gun some day.

That out to liven up your laclustre dating life..

LOL

Whats the name of this pueblo or area to the north of Cali out of curiosity?  It wouldnt be Pozo would it? She wouldnt have two little boys would she? Just wonderin.........

Colombian latinas 12/10. Who gives a rip where they live.

CanadaDoug wrote:

Colombian latinas 12/10. Who gives a rip where they live.

Is that your rating of Colombianas .. as in 12 on a scale of 10?

I m in heaven CCCmedia. Pinch me heheheh