Dating and finding love as an expat in Qatar

Hello,

With cultural barriers and different dating norms, finding love as an expat abroad can be exciting and challenging at the same time.

Is it easy to meet other fellow single people in Qatar?

How do you go about meeting people (through friends, online dating, apps, meetup groups)?

How safe is it to date in Qatar?

How do you deal with cultural differences when dating?

What are certain dating etiquettes and rules when dating in Qatar?

How do you deal with getting into a serious relationship if you know you might be leaving Qatar?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

our First priority why we are here is work. Not exactly finding love, coz love will find us :). Dating... you need to be wise. If you want to enjoy your date, you should know the pros and cons. You should know whom you are dating, and if you care about yourself, set some rules like time and where up to you are go for dating.

we are here to work,but we would like to  make some friends for free times, but i guess nothing serious, mutual interests to waste time maybe, using the empty feelings for any expat.
not saying nothing real could happen, but the chances are 1/1000

Me too nothing serious just need someone to talk to say  hello to after work and talk bout the lil things in life

I personally dont have interest in taking the dating to next level of relationship.because for me whatever happens in Qatar goes in Qatar.I dont wish to take it back with me when leaving the country.As you all say we are here for working but that doesn't mean we shouldn't date or live our life here till we are here.work is just a part of our daily life being an expat i feel.So its better to have someone for ourself to chat,talk,meetup,spend some time,date ofcourse ;).....by doing this we can have a healthy life by keeping the stress level low and work pressure at ease.

And Priscilla ,i think you don't require any rules and regulations to be followed when you decide to date someone.It your personal choice of choosing a guy of any religion or race.you can find people for dating in any arabdating apps or meetme apps or from your workplace or from here too ;)  ...

About dealing with the serious relationship when leaving qatar ,I dont have the exact advise to give you any since I'm a single.

Well,  we are all matured enough to make our best choices for ourselves. There is no correct and wrong answer or opinion... just sharing. Good luck to all of us. And for now... I am perfectly happy with my present status.  <3

People are here for one reason which is work.
It is expat life nothing sure anyone is here just for a limited period then he will go back to his home country.
Dating you can date if things works out.
Actually Expats are leaving their loving peoples for work not to find love.But may be in very few cases it can work out.
Always peoples leaving some others coming so it will be nice if you will be able to make some freinds which is also hard 😂.