Online business or mma journalism for a work visa in brazil?

I have some questions about getting a work visa in brazil.  To be honest, I don't really know anything about business, and I don't know much about computers, but these are some thoughts I have:

1.    Can I get a work visa if I start an online business (NOT related to teaching English)?

2.    Can I get a work visa if I write for an mma news website if I get paid by salary?

3.    Can I get a work visa if I write for an mma news website if I get paid by the word/article?

4.    Can I get a work visa if I start my own website where I get customers and then teach them English through skype?

5.    Can I get a work visa if I teach English through a pre-existing website like italki.com?

6.    Can I get a work visa if I create a website and get paid for affiliate marketing (I think this is the correct term).  Affiliate marketing is when I have my own website.  And let's say I like John Doe's exercise products.  I can put up links on my website for a visitor to buy John Doe's exercise products.  Everytime someone buys John Doe's products through my website, John Doe pays me a commission.  Can I get a work visa for that?

7.    If I create an American website for business, do I have to hire a lawyer to create a company or corporation, or can I just start working without a lawyer?

8.    If I create an American website for business, do I have to do it in America, or can I do it in brazil?

9.    If I have to stay in America when I create an American website for business, how long does it take to get any legal issues out of the way (create a corporation or whatever else I am supposed to do) before I can move to brazil?

10.    Do I have to make a certain amount of money through an online business to get a work visa?

11.    If yes to number 10, how long would I have to do the online business before I get a work visa?

12.    If I get a work visa, can I get permanent residency and citizenship through it?

13.    What happens if I get a work visa and then I lose my job?

thanks

Journalists travel to Brazil on a VIVIS visa, the same one that tourists use, subject to the same restrictions:  for US citizens, a stay of up to 90 days, that can be extended for an additional 90 days, not to exceed 180 days in a given year.

obrigado

abthree,

i think you might have misunderstood what i meant about the mma journalism.  i wouldn't be coming to brazil to interview someone.  although, i might be asked to interview fighters in brazil.  i mean that i would just contribute to an mma news website from my computer.  so i figure it would be more like doing an online job.  i wonder if i could be a digital nomad that way.

so i wonder if i could get a work visa that way.

No, I understood what you were saying.  Brazil admits two classes of people working as journalists.  A "Correspondent" is paid by a Brazilian company (including Brazilian subsidiaries of foreign companies), needs an employment contract, and receives a work visa.  A "Journalist " is paid from abroad,  and enters on a VIVIS visa.  Permanent residency is not available for what you have in mind.

i see.  does what you said about the mma news website also apply for any other type of online american job? 

if i work on an american website (.com) in general, will that allow me to get a work visa or no?

thanks

No.
You keep asking variations of the same question, almost like trying to find the right words for the magic formula that will change "No" into "Yes".
There is no magic formula.
Brazil will extend permanent residency to a foreigner:
1. who is a Portuguese citizen, or
2.  who has a Brazilian spouse, or a Brazilian life partner in a relationship that qualifies under Brazilian law as a "união estável", or
3. who has a Brazilian child, or
4. who has an employment contract, approved by the Labor Ministry, from a Brazil-based employer, for work to be performed and paid for in Brazil by that employer, or
5. who has a business and investment plan that meets the minimum financial and social requirements established by law, approved by the Labor Ministry, or
6. who qualifies as a refugee or a stateless person under international and Brazilian law, and has been vetted by the responsible Brazilian authorities.

A foreigner who doesn't fit into those categories visits Brazil on a temporary visa, period.  A foreign income won't qualify, no matter how high or well-documented it is, even if you happen to have the Powerball ticket for the half of the $688M 10/27  jackpot that was sold in New York City, and still hasn't been claimed ... although with that kind of money, all the problems associated with #5 can probably be made to disappear.  ;)

"No.
You keep asking variations of the same question, almost like trying to find the right words for the magic formula that will change "No" into "Yes". "

well, that's not my intention.  i'm just trying to understand everything.  i was under the impression that it was possible to get a work visa from working online, because the first time i thought about moving abroad was when some guy was telling me how he was trying to become a "digital nomad" and could live in any country just by working from his computer, and he had been to many different countries, so i assumed that a person could get citizenship in any country that way. 

although, i do just ask a ton of questions in general.

thanks

Being a "digital nomad" can be a totally viable way to live.  You'll just need to set up a second country (could even be somewhere in the US) to make camp during the six months you're not in Brazil.  ;)

No most "Digital Nomads" just operate on tourist visas, moving from place to place , doing border runs or ping ponging countries .....I technically am one as all my work is online which allowed me to move around Brazil this last year , but it's not a viable way to citizenship or visa, especially in Brazil....a country that is known for never giving out work visas(unless it's corporate ex-pat) , be aware citizenship without marriage or a child born in Brazil takes 15 years legal residency...

Also about the Nomad thing, countries world wide are cracking down by the day on border runs and multiple visa extensions , Thailand being a great example, people just used to hop the border to Cambodia and pop back in but now they've cut it to like a one week land crossing limit when you come back by land.

i've got some follow up questions:

1. "Thailand being a great example, people just used to hop the border to Cambodia and pop back in but now they've cut it to like a one week land crossing limit when you come back by land."

i'm not sure what you mean by a "one week land crossing limit."  i'm interested to hear what you say, because i might need an option b if brazil doesn't work out.

2. "be aware citizenship without marriage or a child born in Brazil takes 15 years legal residency..."

so how long does it take to get permanent residency and citizenship with each of these methods?

marriage - immediate permanent residency?  one year to citizenship?
work visa - how long does it take until you get permanent residency?  15 years until citizenship.
uniao estavel?
investor visa - immediate permanent residency?  how long does it take until you get citizenship?

thanks

yeah, i don't like the idea of living in one country half a year and then moving to another country half a year