School

We are planning to move to Glasgow at december. I need to know whether my kid will get admission in school if we move in December . And I need to know about which place is suitable to live for Indians

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Yes, no problem with getting your kid into school.

I'm puzzled by your 2nd question; they don't have areas in the UK that are classified as being suitable for/to "live for Indians"; or any other race, gender, colour for that matter.  Glasgow is a large city, where you live will depend very much on how much you are able/willing to pay.  A quick Google search will give you more information on the subject; this link will take you to one that I've just found.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi there. Having problems finding info on schooling re Brexit. My son and I are EU and Canadian dual citizens and are considering moving to Scotland. If he goes to school there will we have to pay as foreigners? Also, how will Brexit affect residency for EU citizens. Will we need visas? Apologies if this is in the wrong section, I'm new to this. Thanks in advance.

Hi again.

Assuming you enter the UK after it has left the EU, then you will need visas; unless you have some kind of UK ancestry, you may struggle to get in.  What nations passport do you have?

Cynic
Expat Team

Slovakia 😞

@petetoth What is your profession?

Retired English teacher. Looking to spend summers in Scotland to escape the heat and possibly full time for my son to attend an English speaking school. There's always Ireland I guess... LOL

Hi again.

Assuming Brexit goes ahead, then I'm almost certain that you would not be able to enter the UK, simply because the UK no longer issues retirement visas.

Ireland may be an option, but as a family, you need a minimum of $110,276 annual income to be able to apply.  If that is a potential for you, then I'd advise you to go to our Ireland Forum and read our Discover Guides, plus the sticky posts that are already there.

Failing that - Vancouver. :)

Please come back to us if you have any further specific questions.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

appreciate your help! thx

ps. Ireland is not part of brexit is it? As an EU citizen I should have no problems living there? Apologies for my ignorance...

petetoth wrote:

ps. Ireland is not part of brexit is it? As an EU citizen I should have no problems living there? Apologies for my ignorance...

Ireland (Eire) is a separate country. Only the north (Northern Ireland) is part of the UK which is effected with Brexit. The only trouble with Ireland is that the cost of living is very high.

Hi Peter, which part of you is from the EU and whereabouts in the EU.  Just out of curiosity.

hi. i was born in slovakia, moved to canada, then back to slovakia 20 years ago...

Hello,

Do you now live in Glasgow ?  I thought this was an ex-pat site.

Steffiegirl wrote:

Hello,

Do you now live in Glasgow ?  I thought this was an ex-pat site.

What's that got to do with anything?