Study visa in Pokhara?

Is there any institution where you can take classes in Pokhara that will qualify you for a study visa? I'm thinking mainly of language and arts classes, preferably ones that don't have a heavy time requirement per week.

There are universities in Pokhara that have classes. I wrote to see what they will say, but email doesn't always get answered right away in Nepal. I looked at a few websites but I didn't see anything with such a heading about international students.

One thing I can tell you from experience is that Nepali is a difficult language to learn. For example, I can read it better than I can speak it.

If you take the class and do not pass it can be difficult to get another visa-like going back to a tourist visa.

If I get any info I'll post it, but I'd suggest you come here on a tourist visa for 5 months and then explore a 1-year student visa after you get here.

Thanks for your reply. Sounds like a good plan. I did find a good program in Kathmandu, but would really prefer to stay around Pokhara.

You should like Pokhara as a place to study. Certainly less pollution there than in Kathmandu. The only problem I found is that tedious bus ride between Pokhara and the capital. Long ride, poor road conditions, stuck behind heavy trucks with heavy exhaust and everything nice. Of course one can avoid all that but then two way flight, there and back, is like 249 US dollars, ugh.