January 2019

Hi all,

just  wondering what your thoughts are on moving to Malta in January 2019 - is that a good month in terms of post holiday season...to find accommodation, jobs etc.

Thanks in advance,
Anastasia

anamoomins wrote:

Hi all,

just  wondering what your thoughts are on moving to Malta in January 2019 - is that a good month in terms of post holiday season...to find accommodation, jobs etc.

Thanks in advance,
Anastasia

There should be more places available to rent, job wise it depends on what you intend to do.
If you want to work in the hotel or restaurant trade it may be a bit early for them to advertise for summer staff.

Hello,
Yes Jan is a great month. Season is off peak so landlords are trying to fill accommodations. Do it now the minute summer comes u will find nothing!
I live in Gozo its much cheaper here to rent,
but wages in general are crap! So a little better in Malta

I have just moved to Malta 3 weeks now from the UK. I was able to find 2 jobs prior to  arriving.  And I have now find a 3 bedroom apartment in Xemxija for €700. So now in definitely the right time.
All the best.

Roquel28 wrote:

I have just moved to Malta 3 weeks now from the UK. I was able to find 2 jobs prior to  arriving.  And I have now find a 3 bedroom apartment in Xemxija for €700. So now in definitely the right time.
All the best.

Welcome to Malta glad to hear you have found both a job and accommodation all you need now is some nice weather!

Hi, have come over this January from the UK and I'd second the above advice in terms of being easier to find accommodation - Jobs wise it doesn't seem bad either at least not in hospitality. Can highly recommend Sliema as a good base although probably cheaper areas to rent.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Incorrect
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

The winters here are not as cold as the UK.