Moving to Gozo

Hi thank you for accepting me. my husband and i want to move to gozo with our 2 dogs this year. my parents have lived over there on and off for 20+ years before Brexit, just wondering if anyone can help as everything i read is really difficult, we want to rent a property not buy one but dont know if this is possible, many thanks Nicola and Ged

Most expats tend to rent, especially at first, personally I would never buy here as most properties are poorly built and over priced.

Renting is easy and process usually is done within a couple of days, best source in Gozo is Facebook group - 'Gozo properties for long-term let' , it is up to date and properties are available at time of being posted unlike most of the properties advertised on Estate Agents websites.

Renting direct from owner will save you an agents fee which is usually half of one months rent + vat.

Make sure that you register yourselves as residents at the property with the utility company using form H which your landlord has to allow you to do as it makes your water and electric cheaper, also the lease has to be registered by law, if the landlord does not do it you can do it yourself. You can read about it on the Housing Authority website.

Finally do try and do a bit of a deal as many landlords and agents are trying to push up prices ignoring the fact that there is an oversupply of properties to rent.!

Hi thank you for accepting me. my husband and i want to move to gozo with our 2 dogs this year. my parents have lived over there on and off for 20+ years before Brexit, just wondering if anyone can help as everything i read is really difficult, we want to rent a property not buy one but dont know if this is possible, many thanks Nicola and Ged
-@monty2444

It's not so easy to move here now because of Brexit as you are now TCN's, do you intend working ?