Language

Peace be upon You.

I am counting down the days until I may move to Morocco. Yet, I had to ask my Morocccan beloved to help me learn the language.

I find it my duty to learn Darija, as my lady can speak impeccable English and it is only right that I honor her family and learn the language.

I really want to impress her with my retention of the language of my new country, but do not know where I may be able to find instruction online.

Can someone please guide me to a decent site for learning Darija?

Hello

Darija is Arabic mixed up and added with French, Spanish and Berber. It's not a real language as English or French so it's going to be difficult to find anywhere to learn outside of Morocco. I would learn a bit of MSA (modern standard Arabic). Pimsler do a great listen and learn on audio . com. Just make sure it's MSA and not the Eastern as they have both of these. This will get you all the basics and you can learn the differences once you hear it in practice. Good luck

Thank you so much. I can see the French influence in the language, for example the standard greeting adds ,"labas." This is just like French.

My betrothed is also fluent in French and her accent sounds like Southern French. Her English accent, if you want to call it that, is Midwestern American.

I thank you for your tip. I truly wish my future wife could be here with me to teach me Darija in person, but I have to respect the culture and travel to her.

It is so refreshing to know that women of high moral standards can still be found in our world!

Thank you again for your help!

http://www.speakmoroccan.com/category/m … c-units/1/

Thank you so much for your help. It seems so overwhelming to learn a new language, but I am determined.

I will always be grateful for your help and will be forever in your debt for helping me realize my dreams.

Thank you again.