English speaking mums and kids in Valencia

Hi,

I have recently moved to Valencia from the UK with my 9 year old daughter. Just wondered if there are any English speaking mums with children in central Valencia who might be interested in meeting up? My daughter is missing her friends back in the UK so I'm hoping to build up a new network around here.

Thanks Helen

Hi Therese,

Thanks for your reply. We live in Petxina too! Have you been here long? Which school are your children at? It would definitely be good to meet up. My daughter loves it here in Valencia and having more friends would make it perfect!

Helen

Hello Helen I hope you have found the group you wanted.

Id would like to ask you if you would be interested in having spanish lessons Im trying to create a group for those who are new in Valencia. I will charge but very good price to be a group.

Let me know if you are interested ...

Also private lessons no problem.

Regards,
Beatriz

I am an Irish lady living in Valencia month on and off if you would like a childminder I am available.

I am an Irish lady living in Valencia month on and off if you would like a childminder I am available.

Hi Helen,
We are a Spanish family and have 2 daughters from 3 and 8 yo who used to live in Cambridge, Uk, for more than 5 years. We've recently moved back to valencia so having English friends for us and my kids would be great and my eldest daughter  would love to interact and play in English with your daughter.
Are you still interested to meet us up? This would be great! :) 
Regards,
Ketrina and Pablo

Hi Therese,
I've just sent a message to Helen regarding the possibility of meeting up with our kids in Valencia.
We are a Spanish family and have 2 daughters from 3 and 8 yo who lived in the Uk. We've recently moved back to valencia so having English friends for us would be great and my eldest daughter would love to interact and playsin English with your daughter.
Are you still interested to meet new people?
Regards,
Ketrina and Pablo

Hi Ketrina and Pablo,

Good to hear from you. Yes we are still looking to meet new people. My daughter loves it here in Valencia but just wants friends to make it complete. Whereabouts do you live?

Helen

For all of you English-speaking moms, there is a Facebook group for Valencia expats called "Bumps and Babies" or "Bumps and Babies Valencia", or something like that, and they have a few hundred members and hold get-togethers and such on a semi-frequent basis.

I think they have a verification process where you have to meet a member in person before they'll add you, but it seems like a nice group of people. I think it's pretty much all moms but they let us dads tag along at times.  :)

Hi,
Thanks for that. I have heard of the group before but have never managed to find a way of contacting them. Do you have any suggestions of how to get in touch please?

Go to Facebook, search for "Bumps and Babies Valencia", and try to sign up for the group.

There's also "Expats in Valencia" and that one doesn't require personal verification to sign up, so you could get on there and post that you're new in town and looking for someone to meet up for coffee or whatnot. There's a lot of overlap between the groups, of course, among the moms of the expat community.

Great, thanks ever so much for your help.

Hi there! I'm looking to move to Valencia with 3 kids, ages 12,14 and 16. Can anyone here tell me how is to move there with teenagers. Are internationally schools good and is there a big problem with smoking/vaping, drugs etc. We moved from California to the UK and it's been really hard here with majority of kids smoking and not being involved with any sport. We're from EU so thinking to move. Again!

Lucky you having the options to be in the US, EU or UK.