Rascism

Can any one help me ?am moving to Spain from England ,this year ,with partner and two children who are mixed Jamaican ,is there an area that's more mixed in Spain ?or with little or no rascism?thanks for reading .

could have put the question a bit more subtle...big city's all over the world have that shit, but on the whole Spain is cool

I live in Catalonia which seems to have a different attitude than the Castilian speaking parts of Spain.  Catalans were never integrated with the Moors as they were not invaded.

There are very few if any non whites in the local villages.  There are a few north African and black people in the two nearby towns, but they mainly seem to be itinerant workers and not fully integrated, particularly the black people.  From watching the locals they do not seem to mix but I may just not see it.

I can't speak for the Castilian parts of Spain but as they have a part of their inheritance from north Africa it is often less obvious if they are Spanish or north African.  Perhaps someone from those areas can tell you.

If you are in doubt and decide not to come to Spain I would say try to find large size villages or small to medium towns in England.  Not large towns or cities.  Small villages are insular and big towns have predjudices. 

Good luck with the move.  The weather is lovely here.

Thankyou very much for your input, it is most useful,I will endeavour to heed your advise,and yes you do have the most lovely weather ,which is a big plus for us.thanks again .:i

I would recommend Barcelona.  It is a bit more ethnically diverse than Madrid.  I live in Madrid and while the people of African descent do have some problems, there are other ethinc groups that are more seriously targetted.  I wouldnŽt call it good news, but it is what it is.

Thanks for advise, do you have any idea about Valencia/ or Malaga regions ? As there's children involved I so want to get it right .

Just wanted to put a bit of input from Alicante region even though this thread is old.

My wife is Filipino and children mixed, we have friends here from Dominican republic, Philippines, Poland, Russia, Ukraine and the local school has over 30 languages spoken.

We find there is no issue of racism in being here for over a year.

Just came across this thread,  did you in fact move to Spain? If so what region did you settle for?

I always find it sad to see posts like this asking whether or not there may be racism in one region, one country, or another.

There is racism everywhere in the world wherever one wishes to see it.  It can be overt, covert, imagined, anticipated, self-created . . . or not there at all!

I was born in Haiti, in the West Indies.  My family background includes Curaçao, Marseilles, Arab, and Jewish, and African. 

Racism?  LOL!  With my background, I could "see racism" everywhere, if I wanted to.

Thank God, I never wanted to and by treating people as *people,* rather than a color, I've not encountered it (much) either!