Employment Visa - Proof of Accommodation

Hi all,

I am Jessica from Singapore! I will be moving to Munich in October and my visa application appointment is just next Friday.

To give everyone a little context, I am moving to Munich to start my job and to be reunited with my boyfriend. That being said, we will be moving in together, to his current apartment (his privately owned house; not rented apartment).

For the work visa application, I am supposed to provide a proof of accommodation or a rental agreement. I will definitely not be able to submit a rental agreement. However, I believe a letter stating that he will accommodating me should be fine, yes?

Does anyone have any idea what needs to be included in this letter? Really appreciate your help!

Cheers from sunny Singapore,
Jessica

I believe a letter stating that he will provide your accommodation free of charge could be o.k.
But better ask the embassy what they would and would not accept!

Hi Jessica
I may not know. But you can call up the Embassy just by phone to ask. Sometimes they are quite nice over the phone.

I could only suggest, if your boyfriend can say pdf a copy of electricity Bill, it should be able to proof his residency in that Apartment... at least thats the proof that Singapore or other countries need, to proof one's residence.

Best of luck !

JessicaChenggg wrote:

Hi all,

I am Jessica from Singapore! I will be moving to Munich in October and my visa application appointment is just next Friday.

To give everyone a little context, I am moving to Munich to start my job and to be reunited with my boyfriend. That being said, we will be moving in together, to his current apartment (his privately owned house; not rented apartment).

For the work visa application, I am supposed to provide a proof of accommodation or a rental agreement. I will definitely not be able to submit a rental agreement. However, I believe a letter stating that he will accommodating me should be fine, yes?

Does anyone have any idea what needs to be included in this letter? Really appreciate your help!

Cheers from sunny Singapore,
Jessica

Of course you don't HAVE to rent. They just want proof of accommodation. A signed statement from your boyfriend saying where the apartment is where you will live and that he is the owner should be enough.

Thank you all for your inputs! We have decided to go ahead with a letter of invitation from my boyfriend with a digital copy of his passport!

JessicaChenggg wrote:

Thank you all for your inputs! We have decided to go ahead with a letter of invitation from my boyfriend with a digital copy of his passport!

That will prove who he is but not that is able to offer you accommodation. He should probably show documentation that he owns his apartment and his registration that he is living there.

Indeed, with the invitation letter, he should provide some document (if it is rented apartment, his rental contract - if it is own place, then document proving the ownership) that he lives in that address. Also for the letter itself, check if there is certain format that is acceptable. I found some in the internet (pasted below).

Proof of Address Letter

<Insert the address of your boyfriend>

<Insert date>

RE: Accommodation of <Insert name of the applicant as it is on the passport>>

I <Insert boyfriend's name, same as on passport/proof of address> confirm that <Insert name of the applicant>, Date of Birth <Insert applicant's Date of Birth>, passport number <insert passport number>, is my <relationship> and has been known to me for <Insert number> year/ years. <Applicant name> is applying for a visa to move to <Country> to start working for <Company Name> as <Job Title>.

I confirm that She/He <delete as appropriate> can live with me for indefenite period once she arrives in <country>.

He/She will be submitting this letter as a proof of accommodation alongwith her visa application to <country>.

To prove my identity and address, I am attaching a copy of my passport and <address proof>

Should you require any further information, please feel free to contact me on one of the following numbers: <Insert appropriate phone/s – work, home or mobile>.

Yours sincerely

<Signature>

Only thing I am afraid of - is if mentioning your boyfriend will complicate your file. Because work visa and visa to move to join your boyfriend are two different things. If you bring the boyfriend aspect to the work visa application, will that complicate the file ? (Just a thought - may be silly - you may discuss with others).

aneeshks wrote:

Only thing I am afraid of - is if mentioning your boyfriend will complicate your file. Because work visa and visa to move to join your boyfriend are two different things. If you bring the boyfriend aspect to the work visa application, will that complicate the file ? (Just a thought - may be silly - you may discuss with others).

Yeah, the boyfriend only need identify who he is and proof of the accommodation. No need to comment on the relationship or rather maybe better not to mention it.

Hi Jessica,

I lived with a friend when I moved here from the USA.  All you need is a letter from your boyfriend stating that you live with him.  He just needs to include his address.  You must register as soon as you get to Munich.

It is very important to make an appointment with the foreign office (Auslanderamt) as soon as you get here. 

If I can answer any other questions, please just circle back to me.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Suzanne

Jessica,

Do you have a job in Germany?  Working/living permit?

It is not easy and, if you don"t I can give you some advice.

Best,

Suzanne

@GuestPoster395 hi Suzanne, im planning to apply for job seeker visa and it will be a big help if you can give me advice.

Thank you In advance.

@GuestPoster395 hello suzanne indeed I am looking for a training contract in the field of health. if you could help me find a contract that would be really helpful. thank you

@Dear all

GuestPoster395 is no longer a member of the site, so will not be able to help you. Also, this is a 4 year old post.

I would recommend you start a new post with your questions.

SimCityAT

Expat Team

Closed