Dominican Republic Ex-Pat groups

I would like to know if there are any organized Ex-Pat groups in the Dominican Republic?  Their contact information and where they are located.

You found the best right here. What sort of groups  are you looking for?  Vets, bikers, golfers, people in the life, foodies, joggers, church & many more too numerous to list here. Let us know so that we can help.

The only formal meet up group for expats is called Internations. They have a chapter in Santo Domingo that meets regularly.

Any others seem to be ad-hoc and informal so look for Expat meet up spots where you are.

Thank both of you for your input.  I joined and belong to Internations when I moved to China for 2.5 years.   I am more interested to find the local spots where the Expats meet.  I am in Luperon which is a small community.  I run into English speaking people who own sailing vessels at one of the restaurants at a local Marina.  But they are here for a few days/weeks, then sail off.

You are quite isolated out there then.  The only way to meet is to go to where expats hang out.  I have no idea where that is in Luperon!

I have been to Santo Domingo, POP and prefer the small, quiet village of Luperon.  It is quaint, beautiful beaches that are void of tourists, and the crime is almost NIL, compared to POP and SD.  I was told there is a bar/lounge in town where Expats go, but I have not gone there yet.  Maybe I will go there one afternoon/early evening. 

Further, most of my proposed projects are close to or in Luperon which is very close to where Christopher Columbus landed in 1492/92 and formed the community of LaIsabella.  I am 20 minutes away.

All that matters is you are happy there!!!

Such a small town, you should have no problem finding that hang-out. I know of the many places here in Sosua. If ever you venture this far, call me & I'll show them all to you. Well maybe not all, we may not get past the first couple of them.  Is that 2nd. floor restaurant still there? Had some great meals there years ago. Enjoy your refuge, it is a nice area.

Thanks for the retort.  I have been to the airport at Sosua.  I have not seen any of the local places there.  I hear Sosua and Cabarete are really cool.  The restaurant on the second floor was closed.  Then re-opened.  But it is not as nice as it was before.  I use to go there also.  If I get to Sosua I will take you up on the offer.  Thanks. Big Bob.

I am leasing a nice, fairly large, two en suite bed/bath home in Luperon Hills which is a gated community just before you get into Luperon.  The cows come here to graze.  hehehe.  But it is much nicer than a hotel room for sure.  How long have you been in Sosua?  Big Bob

First visited Sosua in the mid-90's. Thought then that someday I would live here. Sold my restaurant in St Croix & moved here in March 2002. Except for a hiatus for medical crap in the states, been here ever since. This area has several hundred expats & snow birds. About a dozen & a half bars, restaurants, apt/hotels are the major places for them to congregate.  Sosua has many very quiet side streets with hidden little surprises.  Sosua is not the dreaded hooker paradise so often portrayed.  No more than the usual street girls than any other place that people flock to.  A guy can get laid in any town in the world.  Solicitation is illegal, not the paying for sex. #rd party profit sharing is a crime also. Paying for getting your rocks off ain't.   The town & beach are great. Get on the bus & take a ride. You will not regret it.

Well, I have a girlfriend and we are planning to get married.  So sex is not a key factor for me.