Next north coast Meetup

Tinker wants a meet up. So Tinker gets one.

Saturday Sept 15th at 2pm until you all leave. Tinker will tell us where - 3 minutes from his house in Sosua !!!

Anyone who wants to spend a couple hours at the beach first let me know!!!

Please join us!!!

Dang it!  We arrive a month too late!  But there will be others, for sure.

I will break out in dance at the sight of you all. Can't wait!

hey guys,i will be arriving Friday 14 th and will be happy to attend.tks for arranging the event.looking forward,is there a nearby  B&B where I can rest for the night,PugyPugy,

I'll be there! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

I'm moving into my place in Sosua at the end of August.

I'll be there with bells on!

Places to stay are bountiful this time of the year. I'm making arrangements for the meeting place.  Plenty of parking etc.

Marie and I will be there!!!

Woooo hooooooo

My landlord runs the hotel Anton reef. It's really nice, it's new and very modern.

I recommend it and I can ask if he'll give a discount to members of expat.

Awesome!

Thanks for your prompt reply.that's very kind of you, Pugypugy

Can you set one ☝️up end of sept.   I will be there week of the 24

Thanks for your input. The  place I have in mind, already has the best prices in town It also is a 3 minute walk from my apt. I see this meet-up also as a farewell to my participation on the site. My vision is rapidly leaving, so I don't have much time left to post or use my cell. I really want to meet you all & say goodbye in a proper manner. I've spoken to the owner & he is willing to provide whatever is needed to make it a great  get together for everyone. Of course I will travel to wherever you all choose. Late Sept. is fine. Let all of us have a hell of a time.

hey tinker ,3 minutes from your place is fine, your comfort zone is very important.lets do it. pugypugy

While it is sad to hear Tinker talk about ending his contributions to this site, I do understand.  As a male, I think we are very visual creatures.  It is all the movement that drives us. I believe I would struggle without my site, too.  But Tinker is much more social and gregarious than me, so he has that to help him.  He can still share his wisdom and unique take on things in person.  Thus, this meet-up, which could not come at a better time, it seems.  I won't be able to make it, but I know I will meet up with Tinker many more times in the near future, so I am happy with that.  And as for all the other members on the North Coast, have a blast!

His name is Anthony. Tell him I sent you and he will hook you up. Robert Sieh

It just isn't about my "comfort zone", I believe that it is a great place to party. Big enough to be comfortable, excellent food at affordable prices if hungry.  I just like the people who frequent  the joint.  Shush,  I know the Chef & the owners.................  October would be fine too, of course I won't recognize anyone & that will be good for laughs, which is what it is all about anyway.  A dream would be,  hire a helper to read the posts & type my chop busting replys.  What a hoot that would be!  No spelling errors, or maybe even more.    I still piss standing up,   I hear it hit water , I'm good.

You guys are cracking me up. Tinker you need to post the name of this place and location so we all know where to go!

Thanks, looking forward to seeing everyone.

Dmosby01 requested if the meet up could be moved up to late September? I only noticed Tinker respond. It might give others an opportunity to attend. Can we  put this out on the table for discussion?  Would it make it difficult for others who are attending currently, not to be able to attend?  Plenty of time until either dates.

Hey buddy,  Planner and I are working on getting you some computer software that will read content on your computer.  Will update you soon

My wife and I  should also be able to come to most other events.

https://usabilitygeek.com/10-free-scree … red-users/

This is a site called Usability Geek. What I've just posted above is an article naming 10 FREE screen reader for blind or visually impaired individuals.
I think if someone is local to Tinker they can fiddle with these software, and see which is easiest for him to use. Tinker if it can't be done by the time of our meet up, I'll be glad to show you how these work. and hook you UP!   
We will NOT TAKE this meet up as a good bye. I just got here, and so have a few others. I take the liberty of speaking for all.
You might be grounded by friend, but it does not have to mean you must give up flying.....
We got you!

https://talkify.net/text-to-speech

I like this one better Tinker.  You can also text to speech as well.
By Joe I think we've got it!.................lol

It's FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I forgot  nvaccess.org for highly recommended Sreen Reading software, but still in the states for about another week.  Seems pretty well reviewed.

Sorry.above post should have said "found ".

Awesome! Great Job!

Moving the M.Up  date is fine for me, more people, more laughter!  October is OK. Hear that Diane, Chantsy, Buck & all of you? This all painfully new to me; no longer NOT  needing to depend on anyone else, swallowing my pride in my strength of body, mind & independence.  It gives rise to a sour bile taste in my throat. However, I recognize  the spirit & care that you all are putting into helping me with this handicap. ( a hateful word)   If I detected Pity, I would have  cursed & howled long into the night.  Without Pity, I can smile into the darkness.  I still think the Support thread should be changed to "Going Blind In Sosua" as a sub-title.  I also wish my lost thousand plus posts as Gypsy401 could be found & returned. Max & groby57 were there also. Miss them. I accept any and all help so that this egotistical  ranting old man can remain sane. Thank you for helping me discover the new Me.    The bar/restaurant is "CHEERS", 145 Pedro Clisante Sosua, El Batey   It is the old Oasis;  Newly expanded, renovated & vastly improved. Doug (a Canadian) has transformed the place. Chef Brian is an amazing chef.  Located next to Club Residential (next corner) 4,000 sq ft of fun. Tamas hangs out there!

The request Tinker was for later in September.   It does not have to go into October.
I think the thought of this meet was quite ingenious.

Sorry guys I won't be available later in September.

If the date is move  from the 15 th unfortunately I will no be able to attend PugyPugy

The people have spoken. thank you...............It's ON! ......lol

Let's continue with the 15th. We can always do a second (and third  etc.).  :D

At this point from the messages I've received, October seems the best for most people. Whatever ya'll decide is fine. REMEMBER this is not about me, IT IS ABOUT US!!!  Like the song, What ever will be, will be.   We should just eat, drink & make new friends face to face. You will recognize me, I'm the one in shorts showing off his stalwart legs. Life is an amazing trip,.. take the local & enjoy the sights.  The express enters the tunnel way to quickly & there is no conductor!

Damn I am out of the country till Nov.  So sorry I will miss it :(
Bob K

We will miss you & your wife & her smile.  Miss your posts too. Safe trip & return.

I have been to cheers.  And yes chef Brian is amazing.  Food is good.     I hope you can do another meet up week of the 24 sept.   Would love to meet you all.

Diane, find the place you are looking for on the North shore & you can attend all of them, maybe have one in your place. All the ones that You saw have been sold, including the one with 9 apts. & 2 retail shops. Renovation going on.  See you on the 24th.

Then we wait until you can!!!!

Tinker, have you tried WhatsApp for your phone. You can talk into it and listen rather than type. Google has a talk to text app too.

We won't be back till October 11th so we will miss this meet up. Hope ya'll have a blast.